Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old May 9, 2004, 9:46 PM   #1

I have had the i9100 for about six months and love it.
>
I feel silly buying a new printer already but I do want the best prints that I can get. I am a fashion photographer in NYC so I guess I am asking if skin tones benefit from the extra red, green and does the new pixel ratio really make the prints "snappier" ?
>
thanks in advance
>
richard
richardnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 10, 2004, 11:36 PM   #2

Check out Steve's review he just posted ...

To me (based on the pictures he posted)the flesh tones are mostly enhanced by the extra resolution but extreme colors are being enhanced by the new colors. So at a viewing distance you may not get a lot of flesh tone enhancement in things like fashon because it tends to be mostly closeup and medium closeups. But the other elements are going to pop. The extra res will probably make the fabric textures look better.

In another post Steve described it as the difference between slide and print film.

It might be interesting to see how the flesh tones of a olive or darker skin is effected.

The printer is amazing (can't wait for mine to arrive) and you will be able to use your supply of cartridges...

BTW in the US we will be getting the i9900 not the i9950. Canon has decided to not give us CD printing yet again...
CastleDude is offline   Reply With Quote