Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old May 12, 2004, 7:07 AM   #1
AMG

Hi all, I have printed on my new i860 directly from the camera and am extremely satisfied with the results. My question is about printing from the computer. I am by no means a beginner but I do not intall software that I do not need to try and keep my computer as clean as possible. I myself would print from photoshop and therefore pick my printing area in there, as well as resolution, etc... But photoshop is more of a pain for my wife, she just wants to print a picture directly. Is this possible, I mean the full size picture is a 4:3 ratio, if she wants to print 4x6, will it crop the photo automatically like printing from the camera. That is what I want in this case. So my question is do I have to install the additonal software that came with the camera or is there another way. Thanks for any help.
AMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 12, 2004, 7:17 AM   #2

Install the software that came with the printer. Easyphoto print. This allows you to pick the size and features you want. E.G., borderless, 5 x7, paper type, etc. If the image is reasonably good the software uses the EXIF from the camera and produces excellent results. I'm a die-hard photoshop user, but when rushed I use the easyphoto print software. I also use the zoom browser software to print prooofs. Give it a try and you will be using the software in addition to your wife.
wsandman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2004, 9:41 AM   #3
AMG

ok thanks I will try it
AMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2004, 7:39 PM   #4

Definately try out EasyPhotoPrint that came with the printer (I would not load anything else but that). Its a great, simple, and easy photo printing package.
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote