Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Sep 7, 2002, 12:09 AM   #1
Administrator

Default Epson Stylus Photo 2200

Just posted our Epson Stylus Photo 2200 review - wow, what a printer!

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2002_...pson_2200.html

-Steve
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 26, 2002, 7:30 AM   #2

Dear Steve,

Please stop ! doing these reviews

No insult intended..
After reading your reviews about dyesubs have ordered a sony DPP SV77 will be arriving next week

And have an Epson 2100p on 24 delivery and will be with me in the morning.

Seriously though.. really enjoy your Review site.. and am quite proud to now be a member on the Forum..

Please keep up the great work.

Kind regards all.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2002, 11:38 PM   #3

I can answer the question on the roll paper it does roll back its just the you have to reverse tight roll the paperwithout folding it.. It ends up pretty damn close to flat.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2002, 8:04 PM   #4

Quote:
i recently purchased the 2200. After spending a lot of money to have calabration done (monitor, paper and printer), I still have to print out 2 to 3 prints and lighten more to get a good print. I previously had to 1280 which wasn't as difficult. I could not use the 2200 out of the box, everything was sooooo dark. I have os 10 on my G4 laptop and cannot print a borderless print. I could get no help or advice from Epson. any comments or advice other than to get the Cannon?
ssdzyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2002, 10:01 AM   #5

dear ssdzyn

If you read Steve's review, you will confirm that the 2200 isn't Mac friendly. Apparently Epson has no plans to rectify that.
charlibob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2002, 5:59 PM   #6

I think it is premature to say that the 2200 isn't mac friendly. It is fine with OS 9 and with OS X, just the borderless printing and cut sheet functions don't yet work within OS X. Epson has been very concerned about Apple and I expect they will correct the driver issues. Canon, on the other hand, has been slow to upgrade its drivers to OSX, most notably on the portables like the BJC 55. I am interested to see if anyone has used the Canon on a Mac?
Lenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2002, 12:23 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenow
I think it is premature to say that the 2200 isn't mac friendly. It is fine with OS 9 and with OS X, just the borderless printing and cut sheet functions don't yet work within OS X. Epson has been very concerned about Apple and I expect they will correct the driver issues. Canon, on the other hand, has been slow to upgrade its drivers to OSX, most notably on the portables like the BJC 55. I am interested to see if anyone has used the Canon on a Mac?
You are getting right on. The problem with the latest MAc OS is that it is like when windows XP came out the drivers were completly different which meant that you had to decompile the old driver and recompile it to work with the new OS. EPSON has always faithfully served the mac market.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2002, 11:16 AM   #8

As a country folk I sure agree with your wondering why printers cant include a cable! I hope you do a review on the C82 as I cant afford this 2200 but do need an archival printer
sasc is offline   Reply With Quote