Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old May 16, 2004, 9:38 AM   #1

Hello. I just purchased a i960 after not being completely happy with the Epson R800. The quality, for me, is much better, but I can't seem to figure out how to print 3 X 5 photos without borders. Could someone please help? Or recommend an eqaully good printer with this capability.

Thanks for your help in advance
Michelle1102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 16, 2004, 12:47 PM   #2

I did not think that the i960 had the capability/presets for 3x5 since 4x6 is the small "standard" photographic size.

However, you might want to try setting the size manually.
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2004, 2:14 PM   #3

Yes, unfortunately you are correct. The smallest preset size is the 4 X 6. When I try to manually adjust with a custom paper size, it will still give me borders. I have heard that the same printer in Japan will allow for the 3 X 5 size, but when I tried that driver, I was unable to get it to work. Apparently, the name of the printer in the actual friver program for Japan is different than the one for the USA. Any suggestions on changing the name in the driver program?

I would still really like to be able to make borderless 3 X 5, good quality prints.

Thanks for any help.
Old May 16, 2004, 8:15 PM   #4

Are you actually using 3x5 inch photo paper? I have never seen it on the market.

If you use Canon's Easy Photo Print software that came with the printer you can chose the 8.5x11 paper size and have it put multiple 3x5s on that sheet.
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2004, 10:00 PM   #5

It is actually because of the fact that I have 3 X 5 (technically 3.5 X 5) that I'd like to figure this out. Also, many of the photo albums that I have will only hold the 3 X 5 pictures, too.

I have seen the software that comes with the printer. I can print 5 X 7 borderless, with 2 separate pics. This would solve my problem except for the fact that I now need 5 X 7 paper.
Old May 17, 2004, 4:34 PM   #6

Maybe just convert to 4x6. The photo printer world is designed around 4x6. Walmart sells 4x6 photo albums cheap. Also, you can get Canon photo paper plus glossy (4x6) 2 for the price of 1 occasionally at Staples, Office Depot, etc. Or Best Buy has it in a 120-pack for $26.
maseace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2004, 5:41 PM   #7

Thank you all for your help. Although, it will be hard, I'll have to just learn to live with my dilema.

I appreciate it all.