Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Sep 7, 2002, 11:09 PM   #1

Default Epson stylus photo 785 EPX

I have had the Epson 785 photo printer for a couple months now and have yet to get good flesh tone colors when printing photos of people. The flesh tones always come out to much on the red side . The drivers for this printer has every preset options you can imagine, for me not useable. I have to go into custom and advance to try to adjust the colors.
I have spent more time than I care with Epson tech support. They say I should be getting good quality results using preset options. It's as though the printer can't print what the computer wants. Has anyone experienced this with Epson.
Short of buying a $400.00 color calibrating software what can I do to get good accurate colors? I gave up with Epson tech support and am close to throwing this printer in the trash. Please I need all the help I can get.

Thanks,

[Edited on 9-8-2002 by jrsboone]
jrsboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 8, 2002, 9:12 AM   #2

Are the pictures you are printing taken from a camera that uses PIM (Print Image Matching)?

PIM technology assists in better matching the color that the camera "sees" with the output of the printer.

I just bought an 820s (which is the same print engine as the 785 except no card slot). The pictures taken from my Minolta F100 and Sony DSC-P50 come out really nice when PIM is on - especially flesh tones.

HTH!
JNGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2002, 10:30 AM   #3

Default P I M

My camera is a Kodak DX 3900 great little camera but I'm sure it does not support P.I.M.
Any suggestions?
jrsboone is offline   Reply With Quote