Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jun 2, 2004, 1:05 PM   #1

I have struggled with my Espon 2200 and my Macs. I am using all the latest drivers, have spent hours and hours online with Epson support setting preferences and optional settings, but cannot get a simple photo to print to save my life. I use a Nikon D100. Has anyone else had these problems? I use Photoshop, but even from other apps, I have the same problems. Colors don't show up correctly, are faded, or wrong. Epson seems baffled although they admit many adjustments are necessary with Photoshop and Macs. Am I alone out there?
Lenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 2, 2004, 1:35 PM   #2

You might want to read through this thread on Apple's site, some people have reported getting things working...

http://discussions.info.apple.com/we...2@.68906136/60

One gentleman in particular wrote:

---------------

I have solved my problem with the Epson 2000P! I suspect (and hope) this will also solve your problem - Apple publishes a list of "old" printers that are supported by OS X 10.3 at

http://www.apple.com/macosx/upgrade/printers.html

- if your printer is listed there, then use Disc 3 of the OS X 10.3 Install set to install the 'extra' printer drivers you'll need to support your 'old' printer.

I had assumed that the latest printer driver I downloaded from the Epson site would work with OS X 10.3 - alas, that is not the case - you will need the drivers supplied by Apple.

I hope this works for others - it did for me.

Charles Frean

---------------

Kukur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2004, 11:51 AM   #3

After months of wasted hours, tech support "I really don't understand" answers, I went out and bought a Canon i900D photoprinter. It worked perfectly the first time, with gorgeous photos. My Epson 2200 is going to eBay and I will never buy another Epson product again.
Lenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2004, 10:09 PM   #4

I realize that this was awhile ago, but did you sell this 2200 yet? I don't live that far away from you and I might be interested in it.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote