Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Sep 12, 2002, 4:48 AM   #1

Default Good print quality

I'm a newcomer in digital photography and a question that since long keeps me busy is the quality of homemade prints.Almost every print I've ever seen shows the same thin lines(approx.0.2 mm)going from one side to another,distinguishing themselves from the background by a slightly lighter tone and colour and obviously caused by the printing process.Is there anybody that can give me more info on this?
Phororhacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 12, 2002, 6:07 AM   #2

Default Good printer

I have the HP970 and HP5550 and both print high quality images when using HP, Kodak, or Epson photo paper. At the print page, I choose properties from the print window and then select HP Photo paper and insure that best quality is selected. I use to see the lines before I used this approach.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2002, 12:14 PM   #3

I use an Epson printer ;
- when changing ink catridge, I also check alignment , and nozzle ( Epson utilities )
- I notice that ink/paper combinations lead to different results , I always use Epson ink up to date, and the best gloss is with Epson paper , next is Kodak paper. With HP paper , the finish is not that glossy after printing, well I think it's normal as I use Epson ink with another brand glossy paper.
KCan is offline   Reply With Quote