Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jun 8, 2004, 9:35 PM   #1

Hi All,

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I've looked through serveral pages and could not find a thread for this.

A friend of mine bought a Epson Rx600 over the weekend and showed me afew picture from it. Wow ... it has methinking about maybean R200 cause I don't need the mutifunction capabiliy of the 600. Does anyone know how long prints from Epson printers are supposed to last. I've looked all over Epson's site and cannot find an answer.

How about the photo mate by Epson? Does anyone have any experience with it? That sounds pretty cool except that it can only print 4x6 prints. I saw the prints fom the photo mate are supposed to last up to 200 years in a photo album.

Thanks for the input.

Michael

mdparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 12, 2004, 8:59 PM   #2

Epson reportedly claims that their prints will not fade or color shift for over 100 years as long as you use the pigment based inks and its proprietary papers. It also requires that the paper be protected by a UV filtered sheet or be stored in the dark (e.g. photo book). Otherwise, the prints will fade after 40 years or so if kept exposed. This is a big jump over some dye sub printers (Sony & Canon) which fades after only several years. You can read more here at http://www.wilhelm-research.com/
Jon S is offline   Reply With Quote