Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Sep 12, 2002, 12:26 PM   #1

Default Anybody Know of Any Reviews of Epson C82?

There is a new Epson printer called the C82, which is the successor to the C80. Does anybody know of any place where this printer has been reviewed? (I DID read the Epson Press release at their site - with much difficulty, I might add)

I realize that technically this printer isn't classified as a "photo" printer, but I have had good luck in the past printing photos with Epson's high-end general purpose printers.

Thanks,

Judd
jspittler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 19, 2002, 11:16 AM   #2

im looking for more feedback myself, but i sell this printer at work, it produces the same poor results on glossy paper, but there havent been many printers that can touch it with matte paper, it is awsome on matte paper, it is veryvery fast and relativly quiet go to your nearest best buy and check it out, thats where i work!

Thanks,
James
JPRiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2002, 3:36 PM   #3

Actually the c82 has seen a noticeable increase in glossy papers. Still kinda muted on the dark blacks but the rest still looks great.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2002, 3:04 PM   #4

So is the output much improved over C80? The pigment type ink would look different but on Luminous Landscape there is a good article on getting the best out of the C80
sasc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2002, 3:29 PM   #5

Well, I ended up buying a C82, but was disappointed with the print quality on anything other than heavyweight Matte paper. I ended up keeping my older Epson 760 printer for regular printing and then buying a 785EPX printer for photos. So far the 785EPX seems really nice, but I have had to adjust the color settings to get good results on the Epson Premium Luster paper.

Judd
jspittler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2002, 1:26 PM   #6

c82 is better than the c80 for photos but again this printer is really designed for use with matte paper and plain paper. It does print a fast text with very sharp almost laser quality print.

I have tried with glossy but The best I could pull out of it was a little on the grainy side. Colors were good but the grain was there. I woudl still consider this better than that of a canon 550 although not the 850 until you got to shading.

You are right matte papers are top notch. Not bad for a printer whos true design is for office bussiness use. Also I think the waterproof inks are cool.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2002, 2:06 PM   #7
lg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPRiggs
im looking for more feedback myself, but i sell this printer at work, it produces the same poor results on glossy paper...
I have an Epson C80 printer, and the first time I printed on Glossy Photo paper, I was disappointed, too. I took back the pack of Royal Brite brand of glossy photo paper and exchanged it for a pack of Kodak Premium Picture Paper (High Gloss). The photos on this paper are, in my opinion, excellent.

Have you tried printing with the C80 or C82 on the Kodak paper mentioned above?
lg is offline   Reply With Quote