Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jun 9, 2004, 1:22 PM   #1
Nor

Having abit of trouble here. I'm looking for a new printer for top quality photo prints. Looking at the Canon website in the UK it seems the i990 is the top of the range printer. There is no review of it here unfortunately. i990 link

Looking at the US Canon website it appears the i9900 is the top of the range printer, having 8 tanks as opposed to the 7 in the i990. At first I thought they models numbers were just different depending on which side of the pond you live, but the number of inkpots makes it pretty clear thats not the case

So was hoping for some advice here on the difference between the i990 and i9900 and whether the i990 is actually a good printer. Wonder why we can't get the i9900 in the UK incidently.
Nor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 9, 2004, 5:55 PM   #2

We in the US will be getting the 990 also.

The 990 is 8 1/2 by 11 (A4 Size) the 9900 is 13 by 19+ (bigger thanA3 Size)

In the UK You get the 9950 which adds the CD printing ability (yes we in the US are jealous). Of course the price is about twice what we are paying.

http://www.canon.co.uk/For_Home/Prod...PageID=26389#1

The difference between the 90x/96x and the 990 is ????. I have not seen many reviews but it will probably do better than the 905/965 but maybe not quite the "Kodachrome" zing of the 99x0. You do also lose the CD printing with the 990. I guess they couldn't cram another cartridge in the smaller printer. The head on the 9900 is pretty big.

Check out Steve's review of the 9900 to see the difference between 6 and 8 color printing (it's pretty amazing).

CastleDude is offline   Reply With Quote