Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jun 13, 2004, 9:27 PM   #1

I've noticed a significant yellow hue in prints with i960 + Canon glossy paper (even worse when flash is used), compared to Kodak and HP glossy paper. An am no expert with printers, please help me correct this problem because I would like to keep using the Canon paper.:sad:
KevinWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 15, 2004, 7:32 AM   #2
AMG

if you are using the right ink and paper, then color should be correct. I had a similar problem once, I rana deephead cleaning and that fixed the problem. Make sure that you are picking glossy paper when in the printerproperties.
AMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2004, 8:46 AM   #3

Which paper? Canon Glossy Photo Paper or Photo Paper Plus Glossy? What application are you using to print with?
dcrawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2004, 3:48 PM   #4
Kap

I purchased the Canon i960 about a month ago and noticed that whenever I printed pictures out of photoshop, I would get this orange cast all over the picture. It was a problem with the printer not being calibrated to my monitor. After I calibrated my equipment, then the orange hues disappeared and I got exactly what I expected.
Kap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2004, 6:41 AM   #5

I am using Canon photo paper Plus Glossy and Canon inks and using Canon easy print software that came with the printer. I am picking the right paper before printing. Help.:?
Old Jun 16, 2004, 9:58 AM   #6
AMG

it could be your monitor, have you printed a pic from a digital camera that has not been adjusted. if you did and it was yellow, it's the printer, otherwise could be your monitor has a blue cast, and needs to be calibrated. print this file and how does it look on screen, how does the print look, tell us and we'll figure it out
Attached Images

Old Jun 16, 2004, 8:56 PM   #7

Printed out above image on Canon photo paper plus glossy. Print looks same as the image.
Old Jun 22, 2004, 6:50 AM   #8
AMG

but does it look neutral grey, the screen and the print, or does the screen have a slight blueish cast. Again make sure you run a deep cleaning on your printer, it could be just that if's it's not the monitor. I had the same problem
Old Jul 30, 2004, 6:04 PM   #9

I think I'm having the same problem with my new i960. Using the Canon Pro Photo Paper, the 4x6 pics have a hue OR they have some stripes. The printer is brand new, would it still need a deep cleaning? Things come out pretty good when printed on plain paper, it's just that glossy paper that messes things up. I'm sure I have everything set correct.
How would one go about callibrating the monitor to the printer? I'm using an iMac with OS 10.3 and the Canon i960 printer. Do I have to buy software to do that?
TASS is offline   Reply With Quote