Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Oct 1, 2002, 1:18 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally posted by jrsboone
I see that your considering an Epson, the choice is yours of course,but I sold my epson 785 epx for $75.00 and bought a Canon 900, I'm much happier now!
BTW...Steve seems to enjoy epson printers...
HSKHAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2002, 6:23 PM   #12

For me ,Epson's just not worth the trouble I've had and if you search the internet and auctions you can get great prices on printers. Also hit every forum you can find and get advise and opinions from everyone who will write. Like I said it's just my opinion!
jrsboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2002, 2:01 AM   #13

man I too was considering this printer. Does anyone else have this printer and like to share their experiences with it? I'm looking for a printer about 200-300cdn range...I print text and pictures(not too many). Any suggestions? I was looking forward to this 785EPX as the functions and specs were pretty good for a mid 200cdn printer. and how does it compare to the HP 7350? I think i saw that for $399 with $100 rebate.
Any sugesstion is appreciated
Thanks in advance
JadeButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2002, 8:29 AM   #14

Default printer

jade:
For your use the epson 785 epx might fit your needs . It prints text fast and fairly well. I had bought it because I was trying to get started in digital photo and printing. I spent more time with tech support than I did with the printer, of course it might have just been my luck. What I have now is HP940c and a canons900. The hp is one I have had for a while and use for general purpose. It prints great text and graphics. It's very quiet, which I like. The down side, it's not very fast and if you buy only OEM ink cartridges it can be costly. My Canon, for photos, I love it.
I hope this helps in some way.
Thanks,

[Edited on 10-4-2002 by jrsboone]
jrsboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2002, 2:24 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally posted by JadeButterfly
HP 7350? I think i saw that for $399 with $100 rebate.
Ur kiddin right.If so forget about the Epson 785. The HP has like 5 inputs and better dpi.

I just got the EPSON STYLUS C82 today...i turned away from the EPX caus of the bad reviews. I think if u dont need the external lcd scren and the inputs go for the C82. Its fast...high dpi...and nice printouts and the price is the same as the 785.
Old Oct 4, 2002, 2:25 PM   #16

BTW i got my C82 for $210 cdn..and can refer u to a place which has the 785 for $204
Old Oct 4, 2002, 3:03 PM   #17

yeah i even saw the 7350 on flyers today. At futureshop for 299.99. Actually I'm a little bit fustrated what I should get. I like to get one with LCD and be able to insert CF cards.
Its either these

Epson 785EPX (about 220cdn)
Canon 830D (about 480cdn)
HP 7350 (299cdn at futureshop)

What do you suggest? I want to buy a printer which in the long run, cost less. So inexpensive ink, paper,photo paper, etc.
Thanks!
JadeButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2002, 9:59 AM   #18

None of the printers u mentioned come with LCD. The only printer im aware of that does is the 7550 by HP.
Old Oct 6, 2002, 11:32 PM   #19

Most likely your colors are off because you are trying to use the photo enchance part of your software which really does'nt help very much. I would set it up to just run standard where you can adjust your colors leave it at 1l8 gamma unless your camera calls for a 1.6 gamma setting.. Also Really what kind of camera are you using?? This can make a difference.

All I can say is stay away from HP unless you want to spend an arm and a leg on ink costs. Canon and epson can do prints for half the cost.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2002, 9:10 AM   #20

I've been looking for a new printer a while and I think I'm going with either HP5550 which I've had an opportunity to use or HP7150 which I think right now at BestBuy can be had for the same $'s. I've read many reviews on many printers. My $ limit is $200-250 or less. Below is a link with much discussion about Canon, Epson, & HP's which helped me. Maybe it will help you. Long thread, but also other links within, so woth reading in full I think. Since I usually have my 4x6's printed in bulk at Walmart for $.29 each, then I can afford a bit more for ink for enlargements or those that I want re-printed. Particularly if the printer is consistant and relatively trouble free. I've had good luck with HP's before, so that with the quality of the prints I've seen from the 5550 have pretty much made up my mind. Good Luck. ar

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/read....essage=3494505
A Ridge is offline   Reply With Quote