Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Oct 10, 2002, 4:57 PM   #21

Default Epson 785EXP

I also wanted this printer until i saw the monitor that went along with it, way to small to make using the built in editing tools so i'm waiting for the 960. Trouble with HP is they are great for text but never got the picture part right yet. Their pictures always look dotie to me, not smooth pictures.
PhotoMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2002, 6:30 AM   #22

The good luck I was refering to was as text printers. I've had a couple of different HP's for this, but didn't use not much for photos. The HP5550 was a new printer I was setting up on my brothers computer. No printer profile or other color management was used. The shots were not 'dottie'. They were very smooth and tones true. Up to that time I'd not considered an HP as a replacement photo printer. Reviews seem to be backing this up. Soooo, I'm going to give this printer a try, probably within the next week. If it does produce dottie or too saturated tomes, I'll return it. ar
A Ridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2002, 2:43 PM   #23

I bought a epson 820s tried it for a day and returned it. Bought a hp 7350 and much happier with that. CompUSA has them for 199.97 and Circuit City will price match(That is where I bought it from because they have a better return policy). PIctures came out better on the HP. Choice between the 7150 and the 5550 I would go with the 7150 it has a couple more features and is almost the same price right now as the 5550.
vpatel98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2002, 12:20 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpatel98
I bought a epson 820s tried it for a day and returned it. Bought a hp 7350 and much happier with that. CompUSA has them for 199.97 and Circuit City will price match(That is where I bought it from because they have a better return policy). PIctures came out better on the HP. Choice between the 7150 and the 5550 I would go with the 7150 it has a couple more features and is almost the same price right now as the 5550.
Have you tried the latest PIM software. Also I'm willing to bet you did'nt compare the best quality vs best quality. I can show you prints that would knock your socks off. Oh yeah if you plan on making a bunch of photos 4x6s or bigger at one time dont print them on your HP the cost of HP printers ink and paper is about double what you coudl get it done on an internet printing site for. not to mention the printing site will get you more archival and smoother pictures.
Gregersonsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote