Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jun 19, 2004, 11:09 AM   #1

I just bought a Canon i960 and am thrilled with the first two pictures printed on Royal Bright Glossy and greeting-card matte papers which I had available. After researching reviews, including Steve's, I had narrowed my choices down to this Canon and the HP-7960. The discussions here influenced my final choice. The youthful salesman at Best Buy really pushed the HP, but I resisted.

The question is whether to install any of the software included on the CD: Zoom Browser (140M), PhotoStich (10M), Easy-Photo-Print (45M), or Easy WebPrint (5M).

I am satisfied with the following software packages on my computer: Adobe Photoshop, Compupic Pro, Q-Image, Panorama Factory, Proshow Gold, and Print Master.

Are the new ones worthwhile adding or looking at? While I have the disk space, I am hesitant to add un-recommended software that may never get used.

Any comments from Canon users who have installed any of these packages will be much appreciated.

Also, How can I avoid posting a message on a black background? What is the significance of the pull-down number.

Thanks.

bigbadwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 19, 2004, 2:26 PM   #2

First off, good for you for resisting some foolish Best Buy rep trying to push a 7960 over the i960!

As for software, the program that I would suggest you load and use is Easy Photo Print. It is a super simply printing program for JPGs. It's a simple three step procedure - pick your image/images, pick paper size and type, pick layout. Simple, fast,and easy. Excellent for borderless prints as well. As with some other software you have to manually align for borderless. With EPP you don't.
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2004, 4:46 PM   #3

I would also second installing Easy Photo Print. If it not included, go out to Canon download Easy Photo Print Plus and the updated versiion of EPP. EPP+ has the ability to remove red-eye and smooth out skintones/wrinkles/etc. without altering your original image.

Easy Web Print is actually pretty nice also. You know how sometimes when you go and print a web page and you lose part of the right side (and part of your article you wanted to read later)? Well, EWP formats the page so that it fits without any real text size penalty so that you print what you see on screen.

If it came with PhotoRecord; that one is kind of a toss up. It is nice (at least v2.0) to print cute and quick album pages, etc. but one could live without it.

Damon

dcrawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2004, 6:52 PM   #4

Guys, Thanks. I appreciate the replies and will act on the suggestions.
bigbadwolf is offline   Reply With Quote