Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jun 29, 2004, 3:45 PM   #1

I have had my canon i860printer 2 weeks and felt that because I am mostly taking pics of cars that the colors of a 5 ink printer would be good enough. One orange car however prints out with a definate red look. All the other colors look fine except this one....any comments or suggestions?:roll:
Forgiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 29, 2004, 9:40 PM   #2

Forgiven, I have a similar problem with my Canon i560. It tends to really oversaturate and change the hue of the reds; otherwise the photos look great. I've experimented a little and have found that the paper settings and which paper I'm actually using can dramatically change my results. Since I have yet to find a perfect match, I went into the printing preferences, set it to manual and boosted the Cyan. My prints now look much better.

I'm sure it's a matter of finding the right match between the profile settings, the paper, and whatever else might be in there, but I haven't found that perfect combination, yet. When I have a little more time I plan to profile the printer with Profile Prism. I'll let you know ifI'm able to come up with a solution.

I hope this is of some use.
DaiButsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2004, 9:00 AM   #3

I have had darkroom experience in the past and this is helpful. Knowing where to go and what to tweek is good thankyou.
Old Jun 30, 2004, 9:07 AM   #4

Also, for what it's worth,I downloaded the trial version of Qimage tonight and gave it a try. Honestly, with my printer set to default settings my prints have never looked this good. Within 10 minutes I was ordering the unlock code. It's worth a shot.
Old Jun 30, 2004, 10:08 AM   #5

Could you be specific as to how to find Quimage and download it? Thankyou.
Old Jul 7, 2004, 7:09 AM   #6

DaiButsu wrote:
Quote:
Also, for what it's worth,*I downloaded the trial version of Qimage tonight and gave it a try.* Honestly, with my printer set to default settings my prints have never looked this good.* Within 10 minutes I was ordering the unlock code.* It's worth a shot.
Hi DaiButsu,
You are right, Qimage is a great peice of software but sadly it does not support Mac OSX. On the other hand it can be run on OSX by using Virtual PC!
voicebox
voicebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2004, 8:24 AM   #7

Forgiven wrote:
Quote:
Could you be specific as to how to find Quimage and download it? Thankyou.
It's actually QImage
http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage/
CastleDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2004, 4:56 PM   #8

Any luck with Qimage? Sorry for the delayed response. I was traveling this week.
Old Jul 25, 2004, 10:40 AM   #9

I have not tried it yet, have been on hollidays, etc. My computer also has some bug so I think I will wipe it clean and reload everything. It will be a while before I get to giving the program a try. Thanks:-)
Old Jul 25, 2004, 5:22 PM   #10
Administrator

You also be happy to know that we host a Qimage support forum right here. The author is very responsive to user problems and makes changes, fixes and adds features based on user requests.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/view_forum.php?id=33
steve is offline   Reply With Quote