Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jul 3, 2004, 8:17 AM   #1

Hi

I am looking to buy a photo printer , I looked at Canon i860 and I960 and both of them got good reviews except the six color ink in i960. I may or may not print photos all the time but I will print greeting cards some text. Will I see a that big of a difference in photo quality in 960 vs 860.

Does anyone has Epson R300. How long the print head lasts on Canon and Epson. Epson doesn't have a replacable print head vs Canon which can be replaced. I also looked at HP 7760 but didn't like the idea of swapping ink to print photos??
willbemcse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 3, 2004, 2:14 PM   #2

You will likely see very little difference in greeting cards. The 960 isn't a good general purpose printer. It doesn't use a pigmented black and the black cartridge is small enough that it won't print a lot of text. The i860 does the best photos of the general purpose printers and is excellent for text.

You can also refill the Canon cartridges easily. If you use quality ink from someone like
www.inksupply.com you get excellent results. You can't fill the Epson cartridges without a lot of messing around because they are chipped to prevent that.
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2004, 2:51 PM   #3

"I looked at Canon i860 and I960 and both of them got good reviews except the six color ink in i960."

Are you saying here that the i960 did not get good reviews? If so, not sure where you are looking, it is one of the highly rated printers out.

And I swear, I think we need a sticky!"Which printer to buy: Details on thei860, i960, R300.."
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote