Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jul 20, 2004, 7:54 PM   #1

i need a new printhead for my canon s9000. does anyone know where i can get a new one cheap? my printer is only 1 1/2 yrs old or else i would but a new one.
ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 22, 2004, 1:59 PM   #2

Cheap might be watching for somebody to drop one (an entire s900, s9000 or i9100)on ebay for a low bid.

https://shopnow.partsnowllc.com/welcome_portal.asphave it for $90

If you are going to replace it anyway you might try some of the extreme cleaning methods:

Printheads Only
Soak only the printhead in very hot distilled water for 60 minutes and then dry a with toilet paper and cotton swabs. Test.

Steam the printhead for 20 minutes and then rest on absorbent paper to draw the ink out. Test.

CAUTION WITH THE NEXT METHOD - keep the tray away from open flames and sparks. Place the tray outdoors.
Make a tray made out of aluminum foil and pour about 3/8 inch alcohol into the tray and soak only the printhead in 91% alcohol (about $1.50 from Sav-On) for five hours and then dry a with toilet paper and cotton swabs. Test.

Soak only the printhead in 75% water and 25% glass cleaner WARM solution for a no more than 10 minutes and then dry a with toilet paper and cotton swabs. This solution may damage some printheads. Test..

---------------------------------
CastleDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2004, 4:27 PM   #3

I have used a little steam generator "SCUNCI". Been using this method to unplug print heads for a long time. Removed the Canon print head and use steam machine to spray both sides until there isn't any color left in the head. I have unplugged heads that have been sitting around for a year or more. Do a Google search for "SCUNCI STEAM"
Agrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2004, 5:28 PM   #4
Administrator

ronnie wrote:
Quote:
i need a new printhead for my canon s9000. does anyone know where i can get a new one cheap? my printer is only 1 1/2 yrs old or else i would but a new one.
Canon printheads are only available from Canon after you talk to a service tech. They determine if you need one or not and then you get it sent to you. I have never seen another source for them so I guess that Canon keeps them in-house.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2004, 5:47 PM   #5

http://www.partsnow.com/inkjet.asp
They have print heads for Canon.
Agrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2004, 3:43 PM   #6
Administrator

Agrue wrote:
Quote:
http://www.partsnow.com/inkjet.asp
They have print heads for Canon.

Well, I stand corrected. First time I've seen anyone listing Canon printheads for the newer "S" or "i" series printers. Thanks.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2004, 8:09 AM   #7

i,ve been having trouble with my s900 banning and red tint all over my print. tried a lot of things but finaly took out print head cleaned with hot water then i took some contact cleaner and q tip and cleaned the contacts on my print head and the fingers they go aginst in the tray it got rid of banning and the red overlay on my prints. now i'm taking advice of this forum on how to ajust my colors cause having my prints on the red side. doing that though my drivers and qimage i'm getting close.
bherring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2005, 10:11 AM   #8

I also have a clogged i960 head. It was only the black ink, but after using compressed air, soaking the base of the head in denatured alcohol, and wiping with Windex, I now get nothing from the printer! This is probably a lost cause, so I'm up for any ideas. When you say "soak the head in water" do you mean to immerse the ENTIRE head or just the nozzle end? After soaking overnight, I'm wondering if my cartridges themsleves are now dried, though I put in a new Black to no avail. HELP!?!
Rickclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2005, 6:43 PM   #9

Here is another link to Canon print heads.
http://www.oddparts.com/ink/Ink_List...printheads.htm
terryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2005, 2:27 PM   #10

Used a steamer and 70% alchy and got 99.9 % clean...back in business and printing for the gallery.....Thanks Folks....xoxo
mr.lucky is offline   Reply With Quote