Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jul 24, 2004, 8:30 AM   #1

Hi I have the R310 printer and find that it is difficult to get the best results, I am not comparing with what I see on screen, let me give my findings if possible that they make sense.

Both with the KM dimage 7i and A2 if you use the photoquicker 3.5 and set the following PIM or Exif and digitial correction and premium glossy paper using the epson premuium paper 6x4 or 10x15 cm, speed and quality then the print is over done and very dark, nothing like it should look.

Now if you use the A2 and set exif with epson photo paper quality and best quality using the same paper as above then the picture comes out correctly and look wonderful.

using the Dimage 7i the about setting for the A2 will not work it will only work using the picture enhance and then speed and quality using the same paper again.

I am fully aware that the KM 7i does not use normal colour space but even if you use the dimage viewer to adjust and save the printer still cannot handle it other tha the setting shown above as to the A2 the colour space is SRGB or Adobe SRGB so the in both case the printer can handle this much better.

In my case what I would like Steve and other testers of camera is to test the printers with a selection of camera and show results????

In my case I have the r310 and canon s900, and are very concerned about either buying the r800 or i990 (don't want a wide carriage) to replace the S900 having read Steve's report on I990 and Vincent's on both the i990 and r800 I am not sure what result I would end up with and any improvement, I don't have photoshop and don't leave I should need it to get the printers to work correctly, and if you look at both epson and canon they have not improved there software for the last 3years same software and they have not build them for XP, I believe the software is weak and flacky having read so many posts for win and MAC, i am on Win XP with NEX 19in NEC Multisync LCD and has 5 setting for monitor matching.

Tony Miller

milleras is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links