Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Dec 30, 2004, 9:59 PM   #101

I just received my ip5000 UK model. It includes the CD tray and all the goodies. The power supply is 240 volts. It's not the dual voltage of some of the previous models so it needs either a different power supply or a US European voltage converter which are fairly inexpensive on ebay.

I live in North Carolina so importation of the ip5000v was the only way I could figure out to get a printer I didn't have to modify. I emailed several dealers in the UK but none would ship to the US. What I finally figured out was to do a search for the UK SKU # which is different fron the US SKU, for the same model.

A google search found Expansys a company that has offices from Australia to the US. Here's the link to their website. Do a search for Pixma. The prices are a bit high but it includes shipping from England. You only pay US freight.

http://www.expansys-usa.com/
jassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2005, 5:30 PM   #102

Hi, No reason why the UK version should not work in USA, BUT bear in mind or uk voltage is 240V I guess you're on 110/120V. The voltage MAY be adjustable on the printer!

Could always use a step up/auto transformer, thinking og getting one of these printers myself but can't decide between ip4000 0r the 5000.
Guess you'll have to come to uk for an holiday and tuck one nice and snug in ya suit case hi...!
davy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2005, 1:20 AM   #103

I'm curious, how manyper pagedoes a whole set of inks in a canon pixma ip4000 would cost if i would use it soley for printing pictures? supposing on a picture with even use of colors?
BlasterQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2005, 2:49 PM   #104

BlasterQ wrote:
Quote:
I'm curious, how manyper pagedoes a whole set of inks in a canon pixma ip4000 would cost if i would use it soley for printing pictures? supposing on a picture with even use of colors?
Check some of the reviews (iP3000, 4000, & 5000 would all be about the same).

Other than that, I don't think it can be answered.

I mean, what photo? Mostly cyan? Or yellows? Or colors like red that use more than one ink? And what size print, on what paper, with what settings, etc.?

Kinda like "which is better ... apples or airplanes?
arklab is offline   Reply With Quote