Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Aug 2, 2004, 9:48 AM   #1

Hey epsonrep, if you see this message plase respond by e-mail. Afraid the specifics don't really belong in this forum, a little too long and detailed. Thanks,

patch
patch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 21, 2004, 9:27 PM   #2

Hey patch,

Sorry for the long response delay. Whats the message in regards to?
epsonrep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2004, 9:58 AM   #3

Thanks for repyling. I'll try to make this as succint and to the point as possible. I am on a very limited income (SSDI) and am looking to make a little exta income. There are several local events in this area, (Pioneer Days, Springfest, etc.) and a dearth of reasonable photographers for functions, family reunions and such.

I am looking at the R300M as a standalone printer. I know that I can take pictures and have them printed directly from the card slots. What if a customer wants a CD of the whole event? Can I design a label with my home PC then transfer it to a picture card for the event? The object is to tansfer all pictures to an external burner, burn, and then print an appropriate picture on the CD. I have an 8in1 imagemate. If someone else has a camera that uses say a CF card, can that be added to the images I have on my SD card before burning? Epson was very fast in replying but not real helpful.

I would appreciate any thoughtsand/or suggestions you might have on this subject.

Patch :?

Old Aug 25, 2004, 2:48 AM   #4

Unfortunately you can't design the label on the computer and then save it to the sd card and then print that label. The r300/r300m has 3 built inlayouts for standalone cd printing. The first one consisting of one whole picture on a cd. The second layout consisting of 4 pictures on a cd. And the 3rd layout consisting of thumbnail size pictures of about 12 pictures. Sorry no custom unless you use Epson print cd software, which would require you to have your laptop.

As for saving to your memory card from a compact flash to sd card. It can be done, just put the cf card in the printer, and hook the 8 in 1 reader to the front usb port of the printer and put your sd card in that, then press the direct save buttonon the printer. I just tried it so I know it works. Only thing is, you wont be able to choose which picture you want to transfer. It will only allow a full backup, meaning all the pics on the cf card will transfer to the sd card. And you can of course hook an external burner to the printer to burn the pictures to disk. The front usb port will even accept a usb flash drive.

Hope this helps let me know if you have anymore questions

Sorry for the slow repsonse, computer hard drive died a few days back and had to reinstall everything!!

epsonrep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2004, 7:29 AM   #5

Thanks for the info, epsonrep. Your hard drive crashed causing a slow response, with me it is simply operator malfunction! :shock: As far as designing on a home pc,(since I don't have a laptop) appears that I'm up the proverbial creek. Once on the card , seems as if the printer would recognize the design as just another picture and then print accordingly. Wish I had a R300 just to play with before buying. Oh well, appreciate the response.

CUL8R,

Patch

BTW, I've always had H-P printers. Do the Epsons have a timed test print to keep the ink and lines from drying out?

Old Aug 28, 2004, 11:15 AM   #6

Epson only has a nozzle check for manually checking if there is a clogged nozzle, but every so often, before you print, it will automatically clean the print head.
JonathanV112 is offline   Reply With Quote