Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Aug 9, 2004, 11:53 PM   #1

I have been trying to research photo printers for a while now. I have decided that although I would love a Stylus 2200, I cannot afford it at this time. The R300 is nice but I have no use for the pictbridge feature as I like to tweak my pics in photoshop before I print.

So recently I found the Epson Photo Stylus R200 which is about $89.00 at Sam's Club and it prints in something like 5700X1440 which is killer and it has the 6 cartridge ink system. My problem is I cannot find reviews on the printer that deal with questions that I have and will eventually decide if I buy this printer this week. I like ot shoot architectural photography as well as portrait and most of my prints are 8X10 or bigger, so does anyone have info on this printer as to whether it would be a reliable investment to make until I can get a hold of a 2200? Does anyone else have the pro's and con's on this particular model? Does it suck or is it good. The reviews I HAVE read were on Amazon and what I read there scares me away.

I need an inexpensive printer that will print quality prints that can be sold in my gallery to customers that will not self destruct within 10 years. I also need a printer that will use ink that does not run. So, if you have a better model that you can suggest, I am all ears. If not, let me hear what anyone thinks of the Epson r200, because what i have heard so far is that if you are gonna buy a printer for awesome quality prints, Epson is the ONLY way to go.

Scott
Houston, TX
lordphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 10, 2004, 9:23 AM   #2

The Epson R200 is basically the same printer as the R300, without the direct printing feature. If you want to sell these prints, they have to last at least 50 years under normal conditions, otherwise, your prints won't sell. AnEpson Ultrachrome printer is yourbest bet, but as you can't afford one at the moment, you can buy the R200, and find a way to protect the prints.
JonathanV112 is offline   Reply With Quote