Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Aug 12, 2004, 7:25 AM   #1

Hi,

We just bought thei865 CANON printer with CANON Easy-PhotoPrint and CANON Easy-PhotoPrint Plussoftware uitilities. Happy with JPEGs but unable to print TIFFs !

TheCANON Easy-PhotoPrint Plus software uitility is beyond expectations with its "noise reduction" correction, "red eye" correction, and"skintone softening" correction. You get excellentA4 borderless JPEGs printed images ! CANON Easy-PhotoPrint (Plus) software uitility also enables you to rescale the pictures. CANON Easy-PhotoPrint (Plus) software uitilityalso helps you define how many pictures you put on a single page, so youcan get the equivalent of a contact print.

But only JPEGs. The CANONEasy-PhotoPrintsoftware uitilities areignoring TIFFs files.

If you want to printTIFFS, then you canuseWinXP PRINTINGassistant (browse the pictures, double click, then you get access to a print function) orACDSEE (in the print menu). In both cases, you do bypass CANON Easy-PhotoPrint, and you only get a PRINTER PROPERTIES tweak menu provided by the i865 WinXP software DRIVER.You cannot apply "red eye", you cannot apply "skintone softening", and you cannot put several pictures on a same page. You loose 50% of the i865functionality and quality.

So, does it really make sense to compress aTIFF image in a JPEG to actually get 100% functionality and quality of the i865 ... ?

Sounds very strangefrom a company heading digicams, camcorders and printers ! Looks a little bit "newbee" ... from CANON really ? Do they care about software really ? Who writes and tests the software overthere ?

Steph

steph_tsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links