Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Aug 30, 2004, 2:34 PM   #11

Hi,

I have not compared the speed of the 2 head to head. When I proof, I also do not use the high setting, but sue the standard. The proffs, or so I tell the customers, are to check facial expressions and such, not density or anything else, just expression and composition.

I don't think I have ever used the i960 on anything other than high. When I printed out a photo on high qual on the 4000, it did not seem any quicker.

Mike
Dervical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2004, 7:41 PM   #12

earthstar wrote:
Quote:
I just ordered one from amazon.com today $133.63 FREE SHIPPING. My local Staples also carried the IP4000 for $149.99. I checked bestbuy.com a couple of days ago and I was unable locate the product online. I also checked Sam's Club & Costco...I did not see it online or in-store.
I also couldn't find it in any stores. I asked the employees and they said that they only had the iP3000; the iP4000 was too new for them to have in stock in the store. So, I just ordered it from NewEgg for only $125. I ordered on Saturday, and based on the FedEx tracking, I should get the printer tomorrow morning.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2004, 9:25 PM   #13

Okay, I got the printer about 2 hours ago and everything seems to working pretty well (Took me ~75 minutes from taking it out of the box to having it on my desk ready to print). But I am disappointed with the time it takes for it to start up and turn off (~18 seconds for both. That's WAY too long).
Old Sep 3, 2004, 11:52 PM   #14

Could someone with an iP4000 let us know the speed of two-sided text printing.

My HP970 used to pause 20 seconds to dry the ink before sucking in and printing side two with OS X, no matter what setting I had for the dry time. A later driver fixed the problem.

Is there a draft printing speed that is the fastest, and a slower normal or high quality text printing speed?
MarkSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2004, 8:15 AM   #15

Quote:
Could someone with an iP4000 let us know the speed of two-sided text printing. My HP970 used to pause 20 seconds to dry the ink before sucking in and printing side two with OS X, no matter what setting I had for the dry time. A later driver fixed the problem.
Ahhh... good question. Never had a duplex before, and didn't think about that. Bump!

Also, can anyone confirm Azure's statement about taking 20 seconds to turn the printer off?? That is just not acceptable at all, and I might cancel my ip4000 order if it is true; I absolutely hate waiting for some dumb machine to go through a meaningless 'dance' whilst my finger hovers over the power switch. It's just somekind of hang-up I've got that it makes me fume. I couldn't go through that everyday. It's bad enough with Win2000 booting and shutting down. I'm sure the designers do this on purpose.
Thanks.
Antifreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2004, 12:26 PM   #16

Everytime I turn it on and off, it makes noises for about 20 seconds as if it is cleaning the nozzles everytime. Though I've become accustomed to it now, so I'm not complaining much anymore.
Old Sep 11, 2004, 6:05 PM   #17

I have an i960. When i'm done a print job, the head is capped, and whenI press the power button, the light goes off instantly. The capping time for mine is about 10 seconds.
JonathanV112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2004, 10:22 PM   #18

I just ordered a ip4000 from newegg.com for $127.50 and $6.00 shipping. It was the best total price I could find anywhere with shipping added on. The shipping was the killer most places I checked.:-)
Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote