Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Aug 16, 2004, 5:10 PM   #1

I picked up my ip4000 printer today. I am very impressed with it. I also have an i960. As a stand alone, the 4000 does a great job, especially with text. Very close to the HP1215 it is replacing, not as good, but very close. Text is crispwith a nice black, as opposed to the slightly gray with the i960. For photos, printed out the same photo on each printer. The colors in the i960 were aslightly more vibrant. There was also slightly more shadow detail. This was being very nitpicky! They were very close, very very close! As a stand alone, not comparing the two photos side by side, I doubt someone would be disappointed with the photo output of the 4000.

Bottom line, the 4000 will do what I want it to do. Great value for the price! That being said, I will probably buy the ip5000 when it comes out to replace/go with my i960. My plan was to use the 4000 for text printing and proofing. Since it uses only 4 inks, not counting the text black, proofing is cheaper per page, than the i960. I will still use the i960 for the majority of my prints, but if I have too many orders, and too little time to print them all on the i960, I will not hesitate to use the 4000 to help with the workload.

Mike
Dervical is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 18, 2004, 5:11 PM   #2

CompUSA here in Wichita is supposed to get 8 iP4000's in
tomorrow. I am going to definitely be getting one.

Charlie
Photog74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2004, 12:48 AM   #3

Well, I got mine today! I printed some of my photo's
they're GREAT. I am very impressed with the results. I really like the paper cassette(like a HP paper feeder).
That's where I'm putting my photo paper. Plain paper is
going in the top feeder. The printer is QUIET! Get one
you will love it.

Charlie
Photog74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2004, 7:52 AM   #4
sds

Please advise where you purchased your iP 4000. Thanks so much, Shelton
sds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2004, 8:50 AM   #5

I ordered from Amazon about 6 weeks ago, after seeing it in stock all over the net I cancelled & ordered from Buy on tuesday, it shipped right away & is supposed to be here either today or tomorrow. Buy had the best price I saw $136.99
kenyoncad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2004, 9:15 AM   #6

Staples, $150. They should be almost everywhere by now I would think. If my local Staples had them, then I would assume (maybe wrongly) that office max, and best buy would also have them.

Mike
Dervical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2004, 11:05 AM   #7
sds

Thanks so much for the info. My Epson C82 printer head clogged up and it's only 1 1/2 years old. So I guess it's just as cheap to buy a new Canon.
Old Aug 22, 2004, 6:43 PM   #8
sds

I went and got me one and so far it's great. Quiet and I don't even have the quiet feature turned on. I did some invitations for my sister in law and they came out great. I used PSE2 and the color of the print came out just as it was on the program.
Old Aug 29, 2004, 8:35 PM   #9

Dervical wrote:
Quote:
I picked up my ip4000 printer today.
Hey, since you're an i960 owner, like me...have you compared the print speed between the two? I know you said proofing is cheaper, but what about quicker?

I've got an old HP 712c that I'm using for text, but as soon as the ink drys up on it, I'm wanting to pick up a new text printer and would love for it to be a proofing machine (the HP I have just blows for quality).

Lux.
----
iCanon.org - Canon i-series user group.
http://www.icanon.org
Luxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2004, 8:54 PM   #10

I just ordered one from amazon.com today $133.63 FREE SHIPPING. My local Staples also carried the IP4000 for $149.99. I checked bestbuy.com a couple of days ago and I was unable locate the product online. I also checked Sam's Club & Costco...I did not see it online or in-store.
earthstar is offline   Reply With Quote