Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Aug 31, 2004, 9:09 AM   #1

Hey, I just picked up a Pixma IP4000 yesterday and hooked it up to my PC using a USB cable I already had laying around. The printer is fast, and quiet, but sadly, there are white lines appearing in everything I print.

I'm not talking about "little bitty alignment error" lines. I'm talking about random thick white stripes, caused by the paper feed advancing too much.

I'm also having problems with bi-directional printing. Sometimes it will print one line, advance the paper a bit, and print the rest of that line, causing a drop shadow-ish ghosting effect.

The printer passes it's internal test okay (hold down the resume button until the power LED flashes twice, release, and let it print) - the printer is properly aligned and the print results are great.

But when I print from a computer, I experience this failure. So I'm inclined to believe the drivers are a little weird for Windows XP.
charliefrog77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 1, 2004, 12:49 PM   #2

Hey, the problem is resolved. I exchanged the printer. Looking back, I don't even know for sure if it was the printer's fault - I downloaded the drivers from the Canon website, instead of installing them from the CD it came with.

This time around, I installed the drivers from the CD, and now my IP4000 is rockin' hard.

Do I recommend this printer? Heck yeah. My photos look delicious, and it does a good job printing black text, a very good job if I select the highest possible quality print.

Thanks Canon!
charliefrog77 is offline   Reply With Quote