Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Sep 9, 2004, 3:38 PM   #1

Canon MultiPass MP360 Multifunction Unitprinter, scanner, copier. $79 with Rebate Micro Center

HP PSC 1350 All in One printer, scanner, copier. $109 Micro Center

Which do you think is a better buy?:roll:
dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 9, 2004, 11:45 PM   #2

Ink yeilds on the Canon MP3xx series are not very good, however the cartridges are cheap. You'll just be buying them more frequently. Otherwise they are good units and slick looking.

The HP uses the full volume inks as all our other printers doand you can use the optional 58 photo cartridge for 6 color photo printing - the same quality as the more expensive Photosmart printers.

With that, the Canon MP can do a bit more without a PC as far as scan/copy manipulation but the HP is a more solid unit, better photo printer and has less expensive ink over time.
pdxbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2004, 3:53 AM   #3

If it's any help I've supplied 6 of the Epson CX3200/3600 all in-ones to clients as replacements for HP PSC 2XXX series units which either died or were so unreliable they were replaced. Main problem seems to be with the huge (166Mb) software driver which appears to have been written by a 3 year old on a bad day
phaedra1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2004, 10:47 PM   #4

"The HP uses the full volume inks"

HAHA.. that is the biggest joke I have heard allyear! HP hardly uses anything near what would be considered "fullvolume" ink tanks. They have been gradually lowering their ink cartridge sizes over the past years. Their current models are running cartridges that 7 and 11 mls. These cartredges are actually smaller than the Canon BCi-24 cartridges and they cost twice as much!
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2004, 3:28 PM   #5

When I was walking ina mall, there was a Inkjet Island stand. I was looking at some of the articles, and there was an article, with a picture of a Black 15 cartridge opened. The foam white, except for the bottom 3 CM of the cartridge!
JonathanV112 is offline   Reply With Quote