Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Sep 16, 2004, 5:03 PM   #1

Hi,

I have a Canon i965 and up to about a week ago I'd rate it as just about the best purchase I'd ever made, period. Now, all of a sudden when I set the print mode to a high quality setting (Pr101, Glossy+, glossy paper etc) the colors are totally FUBAR. There is a MAJOR cyan cast across any pictures printed (in fact cast seems a bit of an understatement. Prints are almost totally cyan/green) but if I tell the printer to print at normal quality on plain paper, the prints come out perfectly with colors being a spot on match for what's on screen. I have tried different colour profiles just in case but to no avail. (using sRGB at the moment).

I have deleted the printer from Windows and reinstalled it with the latest Canon drivers but no change at all. Can anyone help as I'm going mad with this and I haven't got a clue what to do. Please help, please .....
BobbyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 16, 2004, 5:41 PM   #2

Just like to say tried deep cleaning heads and re-alignment etc. Test pattern prints perfectly (as does anthing printed when set to normal paper mode).

Cheers
Old Sep 16, 2004, 7:28 PM   #3

Found this on Google. Plenty of other people are having the same problem.

http://www.howtofixcomputers.com/bb/...tml&highlight=

Anyone got any ideas as to why this is happening on the i965???
Old Sep 16, 2004, 8:05 PM   #4

I've done some tests by printing blocks of colour corresponding to the 6 ink tank colours and it looks like magenta and photo magenta are not printing correctly, if at all, in the high quality/glossy print modes.

Still bummed out about what to do about it, though. Anyone got any ideas / suggestions?

Thing is, the same pattern prints fine on normal / plain paper settings?!%$£!
Old Sep 16, 2004, 9:25 PM   #5

CD printing is also up the spout. Only thing that works properly is printing to plain paper. Come on folks, help me out. I'm desperate here.

Could this possibly be a print head problem and, if so, does anyone know where replacements can be had?

I bought my printer from Pixmania in France and would be very choked to have to return it overseas.
Old Sep 17, 2004, 7:14 PM   #6
rgd

This may be a bit elementary but have you called Canon tech support? Or emailed them? They might be able to help you.
rgd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2004, 8:20 PM   #7

Gosh, panicked a bit in the middle of the night, didn't I? Rangb Canon and new printhead on the way. Awfully nice people if you ask me.