Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Sep 19, 2004, 9:58 PM   #1

Anyone know of any informaton on, let's say, approximatly how many images at X resolution at X size? I wrote Canon USA but they had no idea.
By the way, I am so impressed with my i9900 I can barely keep my mouth shut about it! I am just waiting for the one thing that could possibly mar it's perfection and I fear that it is the quickly depleting ink supply!
Any answeres? (Oh God let it be good news!!!)
Thanks!
wyndstryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 20, 2004, 8:45 AM   #2

I had my i9100 for about a month and had printed 5 13x19, 15 8.5x11, and 50 4x6 full bleed prints before getting the notifications that my Photo Magenta and Photo Cyan are out. The i9900 should do about the same. I do my printing using Easy Photo Print on the default setting. I cannot see any real difference between using the default and best settings.
dcrawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2004, 11:10 AM   #3

Hard question to answer... it depends on the size of your prints, the paper you're using, etc. My experience with the i9100 is that I use three photo cyan, three photo magenta and two yellow cartridges for each of the other colors. I rarely print text with this printer... I have two printers connected and use the i9100 strictly for photo printing.
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2004, 8:26 PM   #4

Thats not bad at all! I am gearing up to start a small at home studio and needed to have at least a small idea how much I was going to be spending in ink.
Thanks for the input!!
wyndstryder is offline   Reply With Quote