Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Sep 29, 2004, 2:27 AM   #1
rgd

Does anybody know what the dpi resolutions are for the five "Print Quality" manual settings are (#1-#5)? I'd like to do some scan/print calculations. I emailed Canon tech support and was told the first time:

"When printing with the i960 printer, there are so many different options that can be set to increase the quality that each setting alters the dpi for the printer slightly. There is no set number for each print quality setting. Even the type of paper that is being printed on affects the
dpi. The highest possible dpi that the i960 printer is capable of is 4800 x 1200. If any further assistance is needed, then please feel free to contact us again and we will be glad to help you."

I replied that I wanted some numbers - even if just the ranges that each setting gave, and asked why I couldn't get them. They replied:

"This information is regrettably not available. We understand your concerns, but are unable to provide a specific resolution or DPI for the various quality settings. I apologize for any inconvenience."

Yeah, right! I assume "regrettably not available" means that I can go stick it; Canon's not going to tell me. And that's patently absurd (to put it mildly).

Anyway, anybody have an idea about this?

rgd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 29, 2004, 3:12 PM   #2

rgd wrote:
Quote:
The highest possible dpi that the i960 printer is capable of is 4800 x 1200.
The actual highest possible DPI for the i960 is 4800x2400, but the resolution for the last cm. of the paper is 4800x1200.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"
JonathanV112 is offline   Reply With Quote