Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Sep 30, 2004, 11:35 PM   #1

I'm getting ready to purchase aprinter. I'm willing to spend the cash on a good quality photo inkjet. Does anyone out therehave the hp photosmart 8450,or feedback on another brand or model they are very happy with? Thanks in advance for all replys.

oh! :idea: Ijust got the canon s500 camera if that helps with the advice.

Thanks all!

-toliv
toliv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 1, 2004, 7:00 AM   #2

Toliv

I've just bought a Canon Pixma IP4000, and I'mvery impressed with the results, especially when you consider the price. I have an Epson 2100 for printing on fine art paper, and I needed a printer todo my general printing and quick glossy family photos. The results are very close to the Canon i9100 I use at work, and you get double-sided printing into the bargain.
The more expensive Pixma printers are going to give even better results, and cartridges are the BCI-6 series, which are easy to find.

Brian
BrianP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2004, 8:50 AM   #3

BrianP wrote:
Quote:
Toliv

I've just bought a Canon Pixma IP4000, and I'mvery impressed with the results, especially when you consider the price. I have an Epson 2100 for printing on fine art paper, and I needed a printer todo my general printing and quick glossy family photos. The results are very close to the Canon i9100 I use at work, and you get double-sided printing into the bargain.
The more expensive Pixma printers are going to give even better results, and cartridges are the BCI-6 series, which are easy to find.

Brian
Brian,

What are your thoughs on the differences between the i9100 and the Epson 2100/2200? I have always debated between my i9100 and the 2200 but just never felt like I could justify the additional $200. And now that Epson is going to release the medium-format version of the R800 I am back into my delima. I like the speed of my Canon but the longevity of the Epson (because my wife is heavy into scrapbooking).

Damon
dcrawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2004, 1:39 PM   #4

Thanks for the reply. I'll look into that model.
toliv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2004, 11:20 AM   #5

back to the initial topic, is the photosmart 8450 a good choice?

I've been waiting for reviews of the HP 8450 and the Canon iP8500. Sam's Club has the 8450 for $260 and I've been tempted after the good reviews for the HP 7960.

I also need to further investigate the Canon iP4000 and 5000.

mark
okmilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2004, 4:44 PM   #6

Here is a review for the iP8500 that is in progress. Check thereview everyday, because there might be another page added.

http://www.photo-i.co.uk/Reviews/int...500/page_1.htm
JonathanV112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2004, 12:20 PM   #7

personally i work for epson. but i will say i would not buy HP. The company is so full of shit. the print quality hasn't really improved that much at all and the ink is going to cost you a lot. It's also 300$. That's pretty much canon ip8500 and r800 price range. And both the canon and the epson blow it the hell away. I would gladly spend the 50$ more on the ip8500 or if you want longer lasting prints the r800.

the ip8500 should be the same as the 9900 they have except smaller format. I have compared the 9900 with the 2200. There is no doubt the 9900 is fast and even slightly better quality because of the smaller droplet size. But the 2200 beats it in color gamut and color correctness of the prints. the 9900 shouldn't be compared to the 2200. They are two completely different animals.

As far as a larger format version of the r800, i havn't heard anything about it.
krzydzi is offline   Reply With Quote