Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Oct 2, 2004, 9:19 AM   #1

Steve: I sure would like to see a head to head comparison of the iP4000 vs. iP5000, using images from the exact same files. What better way of comparing two otherwise identical printers, except for 2pl and 1pl, than that? IMHO, the iP5000 wouldn't even need a separate review, but it would be one of the most helpful (and easiest) things you could do.
MikeCG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 13, 2004, 6:23 AM   #2

I'm interested in that comparison as well - also between the 5000 and 8500. What wins out, 1 pl droplets or 8-colors?
rmommer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2004, 8:46 AM   #3

I would also like to see this comparison.

-Chris
cshubm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2005, 6:58 PM   #4

yeah sure would be nice to see a side by side of the ip4000/5000, if you do one Steve do us a favour and do a snap of eyes and eye lashes, as these speak volumes, ie. finer detail etc. I'm still confused which one to get. Its hard to see how the 5000 is one step behind the 4000 in photo quality (David Stones PC Mag) when he says the 5000 produces better text and a better vertical resolution - be very interested Steve.

'tcchou71' appears to hit the nail on the head in his explanation in my identical thread 'still confused' on the 12 Jan 05', thanks to him this seems to explain PC Mags descrepency - it does seem odd when PC mag states the 5000 is better at pastels and text.

Please let us all know when you have done one, be great if you could do a text comparison - Give it the full works, including any pitfalls.
davy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2005, 1:16 PM   #5
Tae

i ended up here from googling this exact topic. i'd love to see a comparison also since it seems that higher model numbers doesn't equate to "better" within this product line.
Tae is offline   Reply With Quote