Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Oct 5, 2004, 1:03 PM   #1

I was all set to purchase the R300M (Steve's review)when Epson released the R320. The only information that I have found on the R320, is Epson's canned release blurp. Can anyone tell me just what is the difference between these two printers? Does the R300M have a flaw in it that's corrected in the R320?..or are there some added features? I also read a customer's review, (Amazon feedback I think) that said the color monitor on the R300M was "grainy". Can anyone give me a better dseciption of the resolution than that? I'm wheelchair bound and don't get out much, so I do most of my buying online. I rely on forums and feedback from owners to help me buy produsts with the least amount of problems.
Thanx...Sealevel
sealevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 6, 2004, 12:08 PM   #2

hey, i rep for epson so i can tell you the difference.

The r300m is 230$. But now that the r320 came out there is a 30$ mail in rebate for it. The r320 is 200 at the register. Other then that the r320 comes with a smaller monitor but it's built into the unit. It also improves the interface on the regular screen a little. The r320 has some styling changes also. Print quality should be the same. I sort of think the r320 print a little better but that could just be me.

So between the two i would definately go with the r320
krzydzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2004, 4:54 PM   #3

is epson going to announce lower pico printers by the end of this year, or you can't say because NDA has not expired?
Azzkikr1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2004, 2:20 AM   #4

I just bought an Epson R300. It doesn't have

Film Factory 3.0 with it. Would someone please send me

a copy of this software and I will reimburse them

for the shipping?
cwodavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2004, 5:03 PM   #5

no epson will not replace the current r300 and r200 printers this year.They released the320 but it'sdroplets are3 pl. The droplet size on the epsons is just fine. The r800 has a 1.5 pl droplet meanwhile all the other epsons come with 3. And the epson r800has the smallest truedroplets on the market. Not the canonip5000. If you are trying to compare them to cannon's then i hope you know that cannon doesn't really state the correct info on their printers.

the canon ip4000 says it's droplets are as small as 2pl. which is fine cause it's true. But it's not a true 2 pl printer. it has 2pl and 5 pl droplets. So you get 2 5 2 5 2 5. the canon ip5000 says that it has a 1 pl droplet yet it doesn't match the quality of the r800 or the ccanon i9900. Why , casue it's not a true 1 pl printer, it's incremented with a larger droplet. So yea epsons droplets are just as small as anyone else if not smaller. If they do minimize the droplet size it will be the line that comes out next year. I think it will be around a 2pl with all pigment inks. No more dye for epson. But this is only a theory.
Old Oct 11, 2004, 10:58 AM   #6

When is this printer going to come out in America?

http://www.i-love-epson.co.jp/produc...0/pxg50001.htm

Translate it using this:

http://world.altavista.com/
JonathanV112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2004, 12:18 PM   #7

hmm. from what i can tell. It's 1.5 pl, 8tank high gloss ultra chorme ink, cd/dvd printing, roll paper feeder, looks to be almost like the r800 . anyway i have no clue if it's coming out in the us. from what i know, it probably won't
Old Oct 18, 2004, 8:47 AM   #8

krzydzi wrote:
Quote:
hey, i rep for epson so i can tell you the difference.

The r300m is 230$. But now that the r320 came out there is a 30$ mail in rebate for it. The r320 is 200 at the register. Other then that the r320 comes with a smaller monitor but it's built into the unit. It also improves the interface on the regular screen a little. The r320 has some styling changes also. Print quality should be the same. I sort of think the r320 print a little better but that could just be me.

So between the two i would definately go with the r320
Hi there

Well I found out another small difference R320 states that supports DVD drive access, R300M doens't say a word. Anyone tested a R300/M with an external USB2 DVD Drive?

Regards,

FJorgeR.
fjorger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2004, 4:18 PM   #9

I'm interested in getting a R200, R300, R320, or R300M forits CD/DVD printing capability.From whatI've heard, the print on CD/DVD will not be waterproof. Is that true? Can you pleasetest it, and let me know? I don't want to buy one, then return it. :?

Thanks in advance!
mfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2004, 3:39 AM   #10

Hi there,

I will try to put some drops of water on my calibration test DVD print disc (this weekend) and then I will let you know.

Regards,

FJorgeR

fjorger is offline   Reply With Quote