Quote:
damnlimey wrote:

Email from parts now,they list the parts but everything is back ordered

Thank you for your inquiry. The availability and prices are as follows:

QL2-0605-000 = $6.80, no stock tray

QM2-1239-000 = $5.00, no stockbase with rollers

QA4-1117-000 = $4.20, no stock adapter for mini disks
Quote:
That's $16.00 total + shipping!!! for all 3 parts!!!

Much less then $66.00 + shipping!!

Please dont rub it in...I was one of the 10 dummies that paid$50 too much for6 ounces of plastic plus 8 bux for shipping. I feel really sick now and feel like i've been duped.

digiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2005, 6:30 PM   #1012

Didn't mean to rub it in... Just glad I wasn't taken in!!
soundforbjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2005, 6:32 PM   #1013

bigman wrote:
Quote:
I'm done here.

I certainly hope so.
Old Jul 28, 2005, 8:58 PM   #1014

soundforbjt wrote:
Quote:
If he found this place, what's to say someone else didn't and saw a great way to make some fast cash from the members here?

Just out of curiousity what does this mean "supping rates "?
Because people like my self have phoned the place before and rather than getting an out of stock got a "are you sure that's the correct part number - check back with us later" or as I got two weeks ago "we don't carry parts for foreign printers". Getting the part is new... hince why we suspect the person is from partsnow... they probally got so many inqueries they decided to find a means of getting the part... for all those foreigners who need to do CD printing while going to university in america .

Oh supping rates means I switched from a ms natural keyboard to a 0 tilt and bugger if I can hit the correct keys most of the time.
zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2005, 11:05 PM   #1015

Folks, can we please stop all this bitching and moaning about who's making money on this stuff? If it wasn't for the people who did the research to find sources for the parts, only those who have the time and skills to make their own cardboard trays would be able to use all the knowledge gathered by the members of this forum and actually print labels. There's a price to pay for being the first one on the block, ask anyone who paid $15,000 for a plasma TV 3 years ago.

Having more suppliers translates to lower price, which is an advantage for everybody, no matter what the seller's motives are. But nobody would go through the trouble without making at least a small profit, so without profit there will be no parts.

This forum is titled "CD/DVD printing issues (ip4000, ip5000 etc)". Can we stick to the subject please and just discuss technical issues?
jonbgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2005, 4:31 AM   #1016

As for bigman quoting me? I got my parts directly from Canon. I don't think that other store could afford to keep that amount on hand. Let's see, I know of 5 people selling them and that means they would have at least 350 on hand at any given time. Yet they don't have any til October?! Puleeaaassee give me some credit at being a tad more resourceful than that.

#1. It was a supply and demand issue. Now that I have the supply, my prices are lower. I set the price, if people choose to pay the price, so be it. I feel it is fair. The amounts that people paid were BIDS, not my set price. I didn't raise it. I offered as an auction and people chose to bid. Is that my fault?

#2. I have contact number, address, and if anyone has a problem, they are free to email me or call me. My number 1 concern is happy customer. My number 2 concern is making a profit. Why? Cause it costs me money to offer a product also. How much? Quite a bit. Cost of hosting, cost of merchant account, cost of SSL certification.Thats well over $400 dollarsright there.

#3. I have them in stock now and only $20.00 shipped. <== very fair. Know why? It's in stock!

I am expressing my gratitude to everyone that has purchased from http://www.canoncdtray.com and let me serve you and talk with you on the phone. I have met some great people this way and I hope it continues.

Sincerely,

David and Christina

Chousden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2005, 9:06 AM   #1017

jonbgood wrote: "Folks, can we please stop all this bitching and moaning about who's making money on this stuff?"
You recently took in $749.50 on 48 ounces of plastic. That's $15.81 per ounce. That's twice the price of silver. That's not "bitching and moaning" that's fact.

jonbgood wrote: "If it wasn't for the people who did the research to find sources for the parts..."
I get tired hearing this as an excuse for taking advantage of people.

jonbgood wrote: "There's a price to pay for being the first one on the block, ask anyone who paid $15,000 for a plasma TV 3 years ago."
How can you compare these plastic parts to a plasma TV? And were you the first one on the block?

jonbgood wrote: "Having more suppliers translates to lower price, which is an advantage for everybody, no matter what the seller's motives are."
Wasn't greed the motive? And it's not more suppliers it just one more, partsnow. And they rule. Everybody on ebay is selling at half what they were 3 days ago.

jonbgood wrote: "But nobody would go through the trouble without making at least a small profit, so without profit there will be no parts."
You say, "at least a small profit." Give me a break. And, a refund! Remember you were the guy who was going to "help us out" and get us those "kits" for $30. But, like everyone else your motive became greed.
Old Jul 29, 2005, 9:44 AM   #1018

Chousden wrote: "...I don't think that other store could afford to keep that amount on hand..."
Are you kidding? Partsnow is a big company. Once they "take over" their stock will not dwindle.

Chousden wrote: "It was a supply and demand issue. Now that I have the supply, my prices are lower..."
I figured you lowered your price because of partsnow.com. In an earlier post you bragged about having 100 trays with a price tag of $35 each.

Posted: Sun Jul 24th, 2005 01:20 pm

Set price of $35 dollars, I accept all CC cards and Paypal. Shipping is free. Yes I will have 100 trays as of next Friday.

Chousden wrote: "...Thats well over $400 dollars right there."
The customer does not care about your operating costs no more than you or I care about walmart's.

If you ebay guys would quit coming on here being so apologetic no one would ever notice how greedy you were....
Old Jul 29, 2005, 10:19 AM   #1019

soundforbjt wrote:
Quote:
Their (partsnow) profit on these has got to be minimal compared to something like a print head which they can obtain here in the states.
Their profit could be whatever they want it to be. The fact that they are selling them for a meager $6.92 makes me think that, yes, canon is involved.
Old Jul 29, 2005, 10:49 AM   #1020

Hi All,
Rather interesting, the comments now.
Just to put it out there, I called Parts Now and spoke to the regional Sales Manager.
I tried to order enough parts to cover what I have orders for ( mine are supposed to ship 8/2) so I could at least get those to you guys as soon as possible.
Here is what I was told:

"Blake, we get the parts from the same manufacturer that all resellers go through.
that manufacturer happens to be in Thailand.
Yes, I can cover your order but lead time is at least 14-16 Weeks!"
I further asked if I were to pay for express delivery via air what lead time I can get.
His responce? "Virtually The Same, it will take additional measures to facilitate air freight, as
the standard freight set-up is by Ship Only"

Regards,
Blake

legalsmate is offline   Reply With Quote