Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jul 29, 2005, 12:46 PM   #1021

Question, will the Base with rollers make any difference? I got a Canon Cd Tray off Ebay a few weeks ago for 40$ shipped (was more then happy to pay that much) I saw the base cover thing and was wondering how useful it is. Not that I've seen one for sale, well outside a 60$ ebay auction

quebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2005, 1:27 PM   #1022

quebert wrote:
Quote:
Question, will the Base with rollers make any difference? I got a Canon Cd Tray off Ebay a few weeks ago for 40$ shipped (was more then happy to pay that much) I saw the base cover thing and was wondering how useful it is. Not that I've seen one for sale, well outside a 60$ ebay auction

Not really in my opinion, I have used my tray without the rollers to print over 50 dvds and have not seen the need (other than making it look like astock unit) for it.
soundforbjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2005, 1:53 PM   #1023

digiguy wrote:
Quote:
jonbgood wrote: "There's a price to pay for being the first one on the block, ask anyone who paid $15,000 for a plasma TV 3 years ago."
How can you compare these plastic parts to a plasma TV? And were you the first one on the block?
You paid the higher price for being one of the first to get the tray and the part with the rollers, just like those people who had to be the first one with a plasma TV. You could have waited a couple of weeks or months and gotten them cheaper.

Don't blame the sellers for the high price. I started the auction at $24.99, but it's people like you who drove up the price. If you think the price was getting too high, you should not have kept raising your bid.
jonbgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2005, 3:11 PM   #1024

quebert wrote:
Quote:

I'm one of the few people who thought it might be useful. My ip3000 wasn't accepting my tray unless I pushed it ever so slightly with my thumb. But as it turns out if I actually follow directions and align the arrows with my faux-arrows it sucks in the tray about 8 times out of 10. It's my belief that the rollers would benifit me on my ip3000.

The mp760 on the other hand takes my tray no matter what I do.

Keep in mind I have an odd ball epson tray, perhaps more slick, perhaps weighted differently, or perhaps the universe doesn't like me. Rollers are an item I would buy just as soon as they drop down in price and someone like partsnow for example starts to carry them with a wait time under 30 days.
zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2005, 3:36 PM   #1025

I have 8 trays available right now! I finally got a shipment in. I just got the call today that my order is in.

I, for one, bitched about the high prices early and now I am going to sell them the way they should have been sold. Unlike others on this board I am doing it for the people.

$10 plus actual shipping and tracking

Here is the honest cost:

$7 for the part + $1 shipping to me from supplier = $8 per tray

$2 handling (2 runs to post office: once to get you (the buyer) the actual cost and another to ship it)

+ actual ground shipping cost to your door (rounded up to an even number) + a tracking number

USPS MONEY ORDER ONLY. No paypal or credit card (I am not a business, just want to help out)

Send me a private message if you want one. In that private message give me your actual email address (for contact), mailing address (so I can get you the shipping charges) and I will contact you from mine. (Sorry no request outside of the US)

Priority is based on who posted earliest in this thread! So provide me with a link to where you posted first during this discussion. The earlier you posted the higher your chances are of being one of the eight.

I will contact you in a week from today.

Good luck.

(I also have the rollers ordered but they are going to take a few months to get here)
weapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2005, 3:51 PM   #1026

weapon, they all must have followed bigman over to partsnow.com. I wish there could have been more like you on here! I was one of the unlucky ones I bought 2 off ebay. :sad:
digiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2005, 4:01 PM   #1027

For those that want to know the shipping from parts now is $8 for a single tray. They do not have any in stock as of right now

I ordered 10 so my shipping was $10 total.

That is the extra dollar added to my price.

BTW - Thanks for the kind words digiguy.
weapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2005, 4:08 PM   #1028

For all those complaining they got ripped for buying a piece of plastic for $50 all I can say is: :blah::cart:

It's was always a well known fact that the price would begin to fall when the supply began to increase. My cardboard tray gets the job done for now until the price of these trays can be had for what they are actually worth.

Some people were smart and just bought the much cheaper Epson tray and modified it.

By X-mas there will be a good supply of trays and the price won't be much above $10 to get one.
KnightCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2005, 4:14 PM   #1029

KnightCrawler wrote:
Quote:
Some people were smart and just bought the much cheaper Epson tray and modified it.
Bought an epson tray? You don't buy epson trays, you get them from free from epson... so long as you have a serial number of an epson printer... complain that the tray is buggered which happens all the time, they send you a new one free. I got mine after about 3 weeks.

there are folks who sell them... which is fine as they are likely faster than waiting for epson to fed-ex a tray, but if you are willing to wait they are free.
zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2005, 4:33 PM   #1030

weapon wrote:
Quote:
I have 8 trays available right now! I finally got a shipment in. I just got the call today that my order is in.

I, for one, bitched about the high prices early and now I am going to sell them the way they should have been sold. Unlike others on this board I am doing it for the people.

$10 plus actual shipping and tracking

Here is the honest cost:

$7 for the part + $1 shipping to me from supplier = $8 per tray

$2 handling (2 runs to post office: once to get you (the buyer) the actual cost and another to ship it)

+ actual ground shipping cost to your door (rounded up to an even number) + a tracking number

USPS MONEY ORDER ONLY. No paypal or credit card (I am not a business, just want to help out)

Send me a private message if you want one. In that private message give me your actual email address (for contact), mailing address (so I can get you the shipping charges) and I will contact you from mine. (Sorry no request outside of the US)

Priority is based on who posted earliest in this thread! So provide me with a link to where you posted first during this discussion. The earlier you posted the higher your chances are of being one of the eight.

I will contact you in a week from today.

Good luck.

(I also have the rollers ordered but they are going to take a few months to get here)
Thanks for doing a great service to the members here. I hope it is appreciated by them.
bigman is offline   Reply With Quote