Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jul 29, 2005, 10:07 PM   #1031

received my $$$$$ Canon tray yesterday.... -( working much better than my cardboard one .

price is falling down as I can see but too late for me !! I know now the real price of this ''gold'' plastic tray ... an overpaid tray from ''helping '' guy of this forum

So, doesn't know howto do the alignment procedure...the pixma faq saysat point 4.: Follow the instruction block below Fig-7.1.

there's no instruction block there !! where is this block ??

can someonetell me exactly howto proceed this service mode alignment ?:? yes, I've done the cd-r test print...

I will be testing next week the Acoustica cd-dvd label maker, many friends are telling me that this software is one of the best available... will see if this is true !

sattch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2005, 12:19 PM   #1032

Hi all,

Have recently purchased a Pixma IP4000. I have been reading this entire forum post as well as others on getting homemade tray to work, and mine still is not working. Far as I can tell I have it correct, but I was hoping one of you folks can look at the image I scanned of it and tell me if you see anything wrong with it that I can try to adjust... BTW, I have definately followed all instructions as far as software changes goes... Changed cd sensor setting to enabled on printer, changed registry and everything. TIA for any hints or replies

Sorry, forgot to give detail on what is not working... I will go and try to print a DVD using the cd-label print software and it will pull the tray in and then pull it back and forth a few times then spit it out and give me the flashing orange lights asking me to insert the tray.

Attached Images

jayjay22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2005, 5:11 PM   #1033
rss

JAYJAY22-

At 1st glance it looked ok, however after scanning my built one and looking at both in Photoshop it would seem that your CD circle is too low in relationship to the 3 reflectors.. Rather thanraise the position of the circle why not just make the vertical size of the reflectors about 1/8 taller, towards the circle. This would in effect raise the circle towards the reflectors. Best recommendation I can make with something that looks so darn close. Thedistances of the reflectors from each other and left and right seemclose enough for government work.

rss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2005, 6:28 PM   #1034

rss wrote:
Quote:
JAYJAY22-

At 1st glance it looked ok, however after scanning my built one and looking at both in Photoshop it would seem that your CD circle is too low in relationship to the 3 reflectors.. Rather thanraise the position of the circle why not just make the vertical size of the reflectors about 1/8 taller, towards the circle. This would in effect raise the circle towards the reflectors. Best recommendation I can make with something that looks so darn close. Thedistances of the reflectors from each other and left and right seemclose enough for government work.
I'm afraid I must disagree. I have the UK version of the IP4000 so I have the official tray. Laying a straight edge along the line of the bottom edges of the reflectors in the picture above shows that the top edge of the circle protrudes .5mm above the straight edge. If I do the samee on my official tray with a CD in it, the top edge of the disk protrudes just .5mm above the straight edge, so I would have tosay the relativetray/circle positions pictured abovemust bespot on.

I'll scan my tray with a CD in it and post it here for comparison in a day or two when I've finished decorating my "office" and have my scanner back in place.
Mender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2005, 6:40 PM   #1035

Jayjay22,
The relationship of the reflectors to the disk cutout looks the same as on my two homemade trays - top of disk cutout in line with bottoms of reflectors. On both of mine I had trouble with the rightmost refector - I ended up not recessing that one reflector (that is it is surface mounted). Cut another little piece of reflector material and glue it on top of the existing one and try it. That made my homemades work. Am awaiting the arrival of a real tray next week so I can see what the design looks like.

Steve W.
on30trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2005, 6:49 PM   #1036

Here's a scan of my tray if it helps

damnlimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2005, 8:19 AM   #1037

Thanks very much to all who took time to reply. I will try the suggestions and report if they work. Thanks again...
Old Jul 31, 2005, 9:04 AM   #1038

Awesome, it works! I actually did not have to change any placement on the reflectors, the tray was just too thick. I removed one layer of cardboard and it worked perfectly!... The tray was just too thick to be pulled under the white lifter in the back. I figured this out by watching it try to work with the cover opened (by holding down the small button under the right 'hinge'). Thanks again for looking at my scan and helping me out! I will probably use this for now, and order a real tray when the price goes down and they become more readily available.
Old Jul 31, 2005, 2:43 PM   #1039

hi, i'm new here, and I just bought an MP750:

http://www.coro36ink.com/e/mp750_closed.jpg

been reading the faqs...they say i have to remove a plastic front panel, but I don't see one. am I just missing something blatantly obvious?

http://www.coro36ink.com/e/mp750_open.jpg
evank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2005, 5:07 PM   #1040

Evan, on my MP850 there are two doors that look like one that you drop down to put the ink cartridges in ... the first one is gray, the second one is black (P. 44 in "Quick Start Guide"). Just pull the gray one down, leaving the black one up. Then you'll see the gray "plug" (about 5 1/4 "X 3/4 ") covering the slot where the tray slides into (bottom - hinge side). It has clips on each end and in the middle -- pop it out from one end.

Later, - Lew
Brainfreeze is offline   Reply With Quote