Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jul 31, 2005, 5:12 PM   #1041

evank wrote:
Quote:
hi, i'm new here, and I just bought an MP750:

http://www.coro36ink.com/e/mp750_closed.jpg

been reading the faqs...they say i have to remove a plastic front panel, but I don't see one. am I just missing something blatantly obvious?

http://www.coro36ink.com/e/mp750_open.jpg
While the lid is closed take your finger just inside the the opening on the inner door and pull down. If you accidently pull down the back door behind the grey door just push the black door back into place. You may wish to open the printer lid in order to see the two doors... the back black door is marked on the inside the color of inks one needs where the outer grey door isn't marked at all.

It's not very obvious and I imagine a person could go a lifetime of replacing ink on the mp7x0 without knowing there are two doors there.
zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2005, 8:32 PM   #1042

oh wow...i had no idea that was a feed tray, i thought it was just a useless second door :G

so, after i popped the front plate off, it just feeds under this permenantly attached part here?

http://www.coro36ink.com/e/tray.jpg

btw, thanks IMMENSELY for the help, everybody! i really appreciate it!
evank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2005, 8:56 PM   #1043

Yup, now all you have to do is follow the directions listed back in the tread:

http://pixma.cjb.net/

to get the driver and CD Print software, ... and get/make a tray. Enjoy! There were a couple of little discrepancies with mine, but I've got it working great. Let us know how it goes.

Later, - Lew
Brainfreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2005, 10:46 PM   #1044

whoops, nevermind. it seems to work great, i just need to calibrate it and then find a tray thanks for the help everyone!
evank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2005, 3:15 AM   #1045

evank wrote:
Quote:
whoops, nevermind. it seems to work great, i just need to calibrate it and then find a tray thanks for the help everyone!
Could use some actual information from mp7x0 owners and the real canon tray. I don't honestly know if use of american sized letter paper throws the alignment process off or not. I don't have a real tray so it's impossible for me to judge with any accuracy. I do plan to order one eventualy and update the faq accordingly.

letter is 8.5 x 11 inches, where the A4 is 8.27 x 11.7 inches.
216 x 279 vs 210 × 297
I've noticed my right/left alignment on my ip3000 is off by 1.7mm on my home made tray, where the mp760 is off by 3mm. Could be the paper or could be my tray being seen differently... don't know... need feedback from others to judge.
zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2005, 6:25 PM   #1046

I want to thank all the folks that worked out the details on this. I read the entire thread (not in one sitting), and as the information clarified, I took the plunge and bought a tray off ebay for use with my iP5000. I set it up by following the information I found here, and it worked flawlessly on the first try.

Considering how gloomy things looked after the first couple of pages, I must say that the group did a remarkable job. Now, can you design and build a spaceship that'll reach Mars?
lafos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2005, 6:42 PM   #1047

Quote:
Now, can you design and build a spaceship that'll reach Mars?
They did that last month :lol:
Mender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2005, 8:53 AM   #1048

:lol:
legalsmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2005, 2:56 PM   #1049

I just bought a tray on eBay (from one of you here, it seems!) for my new MP750. I guess I should have read this thread first. But anyway, the partsnow online ordering web site doesn't list these part numbers, do you have to specifically order by phone?

highlandsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2005, 7:28 PM   #1050

They don't list them on their site since they know they shouldn't be distributing them in the U.S. You have to call them to order but word is you won't get one until October or later.

digiguy is offline   Reply With Quote