Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Aug 2, 2005, 8:24 PM   #1051

highlandsun wrote:
Quote:
I just bought a tray on eBay (from one of you here, it seems!) for my new MP750. I guess I should have read this thread first. But anyway, the partsnow online ordering web site doesn't list these part numbers, do you have to specifically order by phone?
I plan to order one from e-bay and i'm aware of "parts now". The people on e-bay have them and parts now doesn't have them in stock. I don't blame parts now as they are popular items that gotta be shipped overseas.
zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2005, 9:37 PM   #1052

I called Parts Now Monday morning and they did get some trays in stock. They shipped one out to me later that afternoon. I ordered a roller assembly as well, but the lady that helped me said they should be in stock sometime in October. I can wait until then.

Thanks to everyone who figured this thing out. It is really appreciated.
timmerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2005, 9:08 AM   #1053

timmerr, how much was the tray + shipping? How much do they want for the roller assembly? Thanks.

digiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2005, 11:21 AM   #1054

The tray was 6.80 and shipping was 6.20. They are shipping by DHL. The roller assembly was 5.00. I am not sure how much shipping will be. I was surprised they had them in stock after reading the posts from last week. Maybe they will get the roller assembly in before October which they said was very possible. I also tried to order the adapter for mini cd/dvd's. They said that part was not available and could not get it in. Does anyone know of a way to get the adapters for mini discs?
timmerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2005, 2:23 PM   #1055

timmerr wrote:
Quote:
Does anyone know of a way to get the adapters for mini discs?
I have an extra one you can have for $4.20 (same price as PartsNow) + $3.95 shipping by priority mail. Payment by PayPal (account or credit card).

If you're interested send me a private message with your e-mail addres. I'll send you a PayPal invoice and ship as soon as I receive your payment.
jonbgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2005, 4:03 PM   #1056

I have one ill give to you as I have no need for it, let me know where to send it.

The tray should come with it though mine did.

hope that helps.............

paiger651 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2005, 7:49 PM   #1057

jonbgood wrote:
Quote:
I have an extra one you can have for $4.20 (same price as PartsNow) + $3.95 shipping by priority mail. Payment by PayPal (account or credit card).

If you're interested send me a private message with your e-mail addres. I'll send you a PayPal invoice and ship as soon as I receive your payment.

looking for the roller assembly,I've already sent you a message...

on my IP4000 ,I have to push a bit the tray and works fine.the roller is surely there for this purpose.

does anyone know howto do the alignment procedure from the printer service mode...the pixma faq saysat point 4.: Follow the instruction block below Fig-7.1.

there's no instruction block there !! what to do after printing the + on the disc ??
sattch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2005, 9:16 PM   #1058

sattch wrote:
Quote:
does anyone know howto do the alignment procedure from the printer service mode...the pixma faq saysat point 4.: Follow the instruction block below Fig-7.1.

there's no instruction block there !! what to do after printing the + on the disc ??
Follow the instruction block below fig 7-2. I would have corrected it sooner but my hard drive caught fire.

Basicly you measure it with a metric ruler, note the distance of each side... take X value subtract adjacent value, divide by two and you have your alignmnet within 1mm or so depending on how good you are with a ruler. Repeat for Y.

If anyone has a better method than basic arithmetic I'm ears. In theory if one knows the value X and 5 should be from the outer edge one can just use that and only have to measure two sizes, but as I don't know the exact value gotta take the average of the two sums to figure out how to make the stance between them average out.

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2005, 9:20 PM   #1059

zakezuke, soundforbjt, apple2k and bcapel have pm'd me with a request for a tray.

I still have 4 left for those that want them.

My shipment is arriving tomorrow and friday.
weapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2005, 9:28 PM   #1060

sattch wrote:
Quote:
looking for the roller assembly,I've already sent you a message...
I have ordered some extra base units with the roller assembly, I'm expecting them in a couple of weeks.

Quote:
does anyone know¬* how¬*to do¬* the¬* alignment procedure from the printer service mode...¬*the pixma faq says¬*¬*at point ¬*4.: ¬*Follow the instruction block below Fig-7.1.

there's no instruction block¬* there !!¬*¬* what to do after printing the + on the disc ??
The instructions are actually below Fig. 7-2:

After the disc is printed with the alignment cross hairs, using a metric ruler measure the distance of each alignment mark to the outer edge of the CD. The distance should be equal. First subtract the value of X from it's adjacent value, in this case 3 minus 9, and divide by two. (3-9)/2=-3 In this case the left adjustment is -3.

Do the same with the Y value, but this time subtract the adjacent value from Y and device by two, in this case (5.5-6.5)/2=.5. This is your top adjustment.

Take these values and place them in CD-LabelPrint.

I did the CD-R test print in service mode and the crosshairs appear to be in the right place with CDR(000000,000000) showing in the test printout. But I have to correct the position by about 3-4 mm in both CD LabelPrint and Discus. The problem with this is, that it doesn't print all the way to the edge, leaving a small wedge blank at one side.

I tried to correct the horizontal position in the service menu (8 times RESUME, then POWER), which did change it. After several attempts it now shows CDR(-02000,000000). The crosshairs print closer to one side now, but the correction factor in the label program is much smaller, and the white wedge is almost gone.

But I don't have any control over the amount of correction. First time it showed -00600, then -01400, and after the 3rd correction -02000. I'm afraid to correct more, because if it overshoots I don't know how to move it back into the other direction.

I'm using the original Canon tray and base unit with the rollers. If someone has some more info, or even a link to a service manual in a foreign language that describes the procedure in more detail would be helpful. The English one just says "Not used in servicing". Thanks!
jonbgood is offline   Reply With Quote