Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Aug 4, 2005, 2:52 PM   #1071

Weapon,

I am interested in a Canon tray, will contact you.

tuckeg
tuckeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2005, 5:19 PM   #1072

My 10 trays are now spoken for.

I expect to receive the money orders soon but if some decide to bow out of the purchase, those next in line will get an email from me. So keep requesting.

Some of the people who first contacted me, have not gotten back to me so they are in jeopardy of losing their trays. Get a hold of me guys.

Tuckeg, you are first in line.
weapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2005, 6:36 PM   #1073

weapon wrote:
Quote:
I have 8 trays available right now! I finally got a shipment in. I just got the call today that my order is in.

I, for one, bitched about the high prices early and now I am going to sell them the way they should have been sold. Unlike others on this board I am doing it for the people.

$10 plus actual shipping and tracking

Here is the honest cost:

$7 for the part + $1 shipping to me from supplier = $8 per tray

$2 handling (2 runs to post office: once to get you (the buyer) the actual cost and another to ship it)

+ actual ground shipping cost to your door (rounded up to an even number) + a tracking number

USPS MONEY ORDER ONLY. No paypal or credit card (I am not a business, just want to help out)

Send me a private message if you want one. In that private message give me your actual email address (for contact), mailing address (so I can get you the shipping charges) and I will contact you from mine. (Sorry no request outside of the US)

Priority is based on who posted earliest in this thread! So provide me with a link to where you posted first during this discussion. The earlier you posted the higher your chances are of being one of the eight.

I will contact you in a week from today.

Good luck.

(I also have the rollers ordered but they are going to take a few months to get here)
Shipping came to $3.00 2 day + tracking anywhere in the USA by way of USPS.

So the total for each tray came to $13.00.

Now we can reopen the discussion on what these really cost again. :angry::evil:
weapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2005, 7:13 PM   #1074

Just wanted to say thanks to all.

Just got my IP4000 the other day. It is such a GREAT printer. Replaced an Epson C80 that was clogged.

Now with the CD printing it is even better.

Finally got the Cardboard Tray to work. I had to make the top half (all around the alignment holes) BLACK.

Before I did, the printer would just spit the tray back out. But now everything works great.

So Thanks again to all that got this working.

gwheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2005, 7:40 PM   #1075

I called partsnow and they said they had 6 available earlier. I ordered two and they were supposed to be shipped today so they are not backordered until September or October. The cost was $6.80 plus $7.00 shipping via UPS.
yvonneb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2005, 12:43 PM   #1076

raaone wrote:
Quote:
Does anyone know if this will work on the PIXMA i6000D.

Thanks.

:?

yonatron, A mac user also having an airport station successfully followed the instruction block for the pixma ip series and was able to print onto CDs.

http://users.cjb.net/pixma-faq/5.html
iP6000, Macintosh, and Airport
http://users.cjb.net/pixma-faq/9.html

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2005, 12:53 PM   #1077

Thank you
raaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2005, 1:17 PM   #1078

yvonneb wrote:
Quote:
I called partsnow and they said they had 6 available earlier. I ordered two and they were supposed to be shipped today so they are not backordered until September or October. The cost was $6.80 plus $7.00 shipping via UPS.
I just got off the phone with PartsNow and they didn't have any problem looking up the part numbers, they came up on their system exactly as stated, and the price isstill the same. However, they are now out of stock on everything.

The rep I spoke with said there wasn't any indication of when they would get more in, but to try calling again next week. They weren't taking "backorders".
Sinned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2005, 1:20 PM   #1079

Justcalled Partsnow earlierand ordered 1 CD tray. Still in stock for $6.80 + $7 shipping. Pretty painless. I guess I got in before they were out of stock.

My 6000D arrived yesterday, and the instructions at pixma.cjb.net worked. Ichanged theprinter's destinationbefore installing the driver from CD, so I didn't have to do the changeinthe registry.

I was hoping there would be some feedback on the LCD screen in service mode, but didn't get any. So I just followed the instructions step-by-step blindly.

The only thing I would change in the instructions is that printing the FULL ROM info should be indicated as optional, and thus saving1 sheet of paper :-)

Getting the piece of plastic off from the 6000 is a bit moredifficult because it's recessed more then the other models, so getting the screw driver in from the top is non-trivial. Taking great care, I inserted a flat head screw driver from the side, and the piece came off pretty easily.

Partsnow didn't have the roller in stock, but that can wait since people here said it's no big deal not having it. For people that installed it, does it just snap into the 3 holes that used to hold the peice of plastic that was blocking the CD tray slot?
ckcwong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2005, 2:49 PM   #1080

I have the IP3000 and yes once I removed the plastic blocking plate the roller assembly just snaps into the holes.
paiger651 is offline   Reply With Quote