Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Aug 5, 2005, 2:59 PM   #1081

Paiger651...

Where did you get the roller assembly? No one on eBay seems to have it - just the tray.

Thanks.

raaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2005, 6:34 PM   #1082

soundforbjt -

I need to know if you still want my last tray?

I need your name and address for the shipping label.

IF you do not want it, I have others that do.

TIA
weapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2005, 7:59 AM   #1083

How can I obtain the insert for the 3.5 / 8 cm mini disk, that fits into the CDR tray assembly under the following part number QA4-1117-000 (CD subassy tray)?

thank you.
picghi01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2005, 8:21 AM   #1084

picghi01 I'm not clear as to why folks are looking for this adapter. I'm looking at the one that came with my Epson tray and it appears that it's only function is to align the "business card" rectangular style mini CD's since all CD's snap into the center holder. Seems like it would be simple enough to put perpendicular alignment marks on the tray that would do the same thing (?)

Brainfreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2005, 12:21 PM   #1085

So, if I understand correctly, I do not require this adapter for Camcorder DVD disk which are 8 cm in diameter. Is that correct?

Thanks
picghi01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2005, 12:38 PM   #1086

raaone wrote:
Quote:
Paiger651...

Where did you get the roller assembly? No one on eBay seems to have it - just the tray.

Thanks.

A member here (jonbgood)had all the parts on ebay a coulpe weeks ago,I won a coulpe sets from him.
paiger651 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2005, 12:49 PM   #1087

IC, thanks. I'll go look.

raaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2005, 12:59 PM   #1088

picghi01 wrote:
Quote:
So, if I understand correctly, I do not require this adapter for Camcorder DVD disk which are 8 cm in diameter. Is that correct?

Thanks
I don't know the full impact of not having the true blue 80mm adapter. In theory it's for both business cards and mini-discs, but those users of busniess cards have noted that it doesn't work very well. I suspect it has something to do with the 4th reflector and perhaps the alignment marks, but some users of of the pixmas and the true blue tray with the true blue adapter find it's better to cover up the 4th reflector, print to a 120mm disc using a template which while some bother and effort is required creating a decent template from which to work with yields in better results. I think it might have something to do with the 4th reflector only seen properly if you insert the tray arrow to arrow, but I don't know this for a fact.

Anyhow I imagine one could in a pinch either print without the adapter, or get a 3rd party adapter.
zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2005, 2:04 PM   #1089

Word is out that partsnow will no longer sell the printer parts! It was all a mistake, can you believe that? Anyways, better run to ebay and try to find one before greed becomes the motiveagain!!!

digiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2005, 3:03 PM   #1090

digiguy wrote:
Quote:
Word is out that partsnow will no longer sell the printer parts! It was all a mistake, can you believe that? Anyways, better run to ebay and try to find one before greed becomes the motiveagain!!!
When I first read that I had this mental image of someone accidently ordering a bucket load of parts that are in high demand and saying wooppps. I assume you mean that the manufacturer is under contract to only sell these puppies in america or some such. If so when will parts now stop taking orders for the trays?
zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote