Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Aug 6, 2005, 4:54 PM   #1091

Quote:
zakezuke wrote:
Quote:
picghi01 wrote:
Quote:
So, if I understand correctly, I do not require this adapter for Camcorder DVD disk which are 8 cm in diameter. Is that correct?

Thanks
Quote:

I don't know the full impact of not having the true blue 80mm adapter. In theory it's for both business cards and mini-discs, but those users of busniess cards have noted that it doesn't work very well. I suspect it has something to do with the 4th reflector and perhaps the alignment marks, but some users of of the pixmas and the true blue tray with the true blue adapter find it's better to cover up the 4th reflector, print to a 120mm disc using a template which while some bother and effort is required creating a decent template from which to work with yields in better results. I think it might have something to do with the 4th reflector only seen properly if you insert the tray arrow to arrow, but I don't know this for a fact.

Anyhow I imagine one could in a pinch either print without the adapter, or get a 3rd party adapter.
The fourth reflector is only to tell the printer if no disk is present to stop it printing straight onto the plastic tray. This reflector is completely covered with a full size 120 mm disk, 80mm disk and a business card disk. The special insert does not cover the fourth reflector at all. It is purely for lining up business card disks. It simplyholds themhorizontallyacross the tray.

You don't need the insert at all for 80mm disks - I've never used mine for them, and I've printed over 50 so far. If you have a home made tray, you could easily make an insert if you wish to print business cards, or maybe even easier, make a center lug to stick on your home made card to center the 80cm disk on the tray.
Mender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2005, 10:32 PM   #1092

What exactly is the latest version of the CD Label Print Software from Canon, and where exactly do you get the latest version from?

Also, besides using the Canon program, or Surething...are there any other programs that use the Pixma?

thanks..
mach460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2005, 3:24 AM   #1093

mach460 wrote:
Quote:
What exactly is the latest version of the CD Label Print Software from Canon, and where exactly do you get the latest version from?

Also, besides using the Canon program, or Surething...are there any other programs that use the Pixma?
near as i'm aware the last version is 1.0.2. The only place I know of prsently to download it is from taiwan from the site listed in the faqs

http://cmtw.canon.com.tw/service/dri...ctID3=00000227

There "were" updates on the european and australian websites, which were nice as UK and AU are in english, but the updates were not any newer the last time I looked, and are not available any longer, not that I can see.

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2005, 11:43 AM   #1094

Besides the CD Label Print from Canon, I'm using

Acoustica CD/DVD Label Maker 2.41
Since version 2.39, Canon Direct to CD printing is supported.

For more info, See Here:

http://www.acoustica.com/cd-label-maker/

Quote:
mach460 wrote: What exactly is the latest version of the CD Label Print Software from Canon, and where exactly do you get the latest version from? Also, besides using the Canon program, or Surething...are there any other programs that use the Pixma? thanks..
gwheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2005, 2:14 PM   #1095

I have followed thecanon printing topic since I stumbled accross it googling for photo printers. I had no idea about canon printers. (nieve I know) But after following along, I ordered an IP4000 yesterday.(us model) Also have a tray coming. My question is, "may be stupid" but, do most of you print your images before, or after you burn your files?? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Also, You guys are great. Think i'm going to be a loyal member for quite sometime!!
Tspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2005, 3:20 PM   #1096

Welcome, Tspoon. I always print after burning my discs. That way if the burn is not successful I won't waste ink. Printing first has no effect on a successful burn. So it's just a matter of preference. I prefer burn then print.

digiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2005, 6:26 PM   #1097

Tspoon wrote:
Quote:
I have followed thecanon printing topic since I stumbled accross it googling for photo printers. I had no idea about canon printers. (nieve I know) But after following along, I ordered an IP4000 yesterday.(us model) Also have a tray coming. My question is, "may be stupid" but, do most of you print your images before, or after you burn your files?? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Also, You guys are great. Think i'm going to be a loyal member for quite sometime!!

Burn... print... ignore for a while.

Using the epson I noticed that the ink drys more slowly so the spinning of the drive caused some drops to fly across the disk and make neet paterns. Chances are this would only happen on the canon if the disk was just printed... if you printed on the plastic and not the printable area.

As a rule of thumb I prefer to touch my discs as little as possible before burning, so it's always burn than print.
zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2005, 12:43 AM   #1098

I always
1. burn
then...
2. print

Let the media sit for a while.. to set
Sure it is dry but just to be safe.
===
Haven't tested how 'waterproof' the ip4000 (canon) and printable media combination is.
===

But be careful, the printable media likes your fingerprints and will degrade your print quality.. lets say I have a final printed DVD -R that has my fingerprint on it ... the oils in the fingerprint .. annoying.. so don't touch the surface prior to printing.

AS for burning.. I try to burn to harddisk before burning directly to DVD.

rip, (d-macro-, d-etc)
transcode.
burn to disc image then
burn to DVD-r
then print.

:-)

zakezuke wrote:
Quote:
Tspoon wrote:
Quote:

Burn... print... ignore for a while.

Using the epson I noticed that the ink drys more slowly so the spinning of the drive caused some drops to fly across the disk and make neet paterns. Chances are this would only happen on the canon if the disk was just printed... if you printed on the plastic and not the printable area.

As a rule of thumb I prefer to touch my discs as little as possible before burning, so it's always burn than print.
TVUONGPHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2005, 2:35 PM   #1099

digiguy wrote:
Quote:
Word is out that partsnow will no longer sell the printer parts! It was all a mistake, can you believe that? Anyways, better run to ebay and try to find one before greed becomes the motiveĀ*again!!!
I just talked to my rep a partsnow and she has confirmed that the parts will still be available. They just have to confom to canons not so strict rules now.

So don't freak out. You can still get them, just have to wait for the new shipment.
weapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2005, 2:50 PM   #1100

received the money orders today for the trays from:

Gwheaton
Zakezuke
Apple2k

Trays sent out today. I will email you guys the tracking number later tonight.
weapon is offline   Reply With Quote