Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Aug 10, 2005, 4:37 AM   #1111

paiger651 wrote:
Quote:
I agree I like the epson print software better than the canon.
The epson r200/300/320 has a few benifits that i've observed.

1. The software is slightly better. The canon CD-label print looks like a win-16 application and while i'm not positive may suffter from memory leaks. I'll have to evaluate this futher as I just swapped out a bad power supply.
2. The epsons will actually print onto non-printable media. While they don't flow into the disc... and they look like a series of dots... are actually legible at 12 point and above. Canon drops lack any form of surface tention and just smear randomly. The drytime on non-printable discs on the epson is days to weeks depending on the temprature.
3. The epsons are supported under windows xp 64.
4. Text that is white on a black background is more crixp.
5. There is a pigment printer option.

Canon Benifits.

1. They seem to be more reliable. I've not experenced a clog yet
2. The base models offer a pigment black by default... the black text is more crisp and legible at small points.
3. There are 5 models to choose from that offer CD printing, and three all in one units. The base solution costing sub $80.
4. The cost per disc is lightly cheaper
5. The printer doesn't have to be 6 inches away from a wall.

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2005, 6:04 PM   #1112

Hi all,
The process I use in CD-Label Print, since you can add custom templates to the 2 or 3 stock ones bundled with the software, is this:

I first make a 300dpi scan of my media (be it full-face or the standard open hub).
I scan that into Photoshop and adjust my ruler settings to mm.
Then it's a simple matter to measure with extreme accuracy and transfer those settings to CD-Label Print.
I've also found that if I increase the size of the image I am going to print to the media by 1-2 mm's, I can print to the very edge of whatever media I am using.
Hope this helps some.
Regards,
Blake
legalsmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2005, 10:32 PM   #1113

zakezuke wrote:
Quote:
paiger651 wrote:
Quote:
I agree I like the epson print software better than the canon.
Quote:

The epson r200/300/320 has a few benifits that i've observed.

1. The software is slightly better. The canon CD-label print looks like a win-16 application and while i'm not positive may suffter from memory leaks. I'll have to evaluate this futher as I just swapped out a bad power supply.
2. The epsons will actually print onto non-printable media. While they don't flow into the disc... and they look like a series of dots... are actually legible at 12 point and above. Canon drops lack any form of surface tention and just smear randomly. The drytime on non-printable discs on the epson is days to weeks depending on the temprature.
3. The epsons are supported under windows xp 64.
4. Text that is white on a black background is more crixp.
5. There is a pigment printer option.

Canon Benifits.

1. They seem to be more reliable. I've not experenced a clog yet
2. The base models offer a pigment black by default... the black text is more crisp and legible at small points.
3. There are 5 models to choose from that offer CD printing, and three all in one units. The base solution costing sub $80.
4. The cost per disc is lightly cheaper
5. The printer doesn't have to be 6 inches away from a wall.
Quote:
Hey Zake, is there a way to drag the edges off the template using the canon software like there is with the epson.It helps to do thison a scaned disc to clean it up a bit.If I can get it to do that i would be much happier with the canon software.
Quote:
THANKS.......................
Quote:
paiger651 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2005, 11:52 PM   #1114
rss

Chousden:

Many thanks for the trays. However as expected, airmail is slow to this part of the world but they arrived in good shape and work well. No customs etc. :-)
rss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2005, 5:36 PM   #1115

Just an update on the roller assembly from Parts Now. They are now saying that they may not have the part until November because it is being shipped from Japan.
timmerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2005, 6:20 PM   #1116

paiger651 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
hey Zake, is there a way to drag the edges off the template using the canon software like there is with the epson.It helps to do thison a scaned disc to clean it up a bit.If I can get it to do that i would be much happier with the canon software.
Quote:
THANKS.......................
To be honest I don't have the epson software installed anymore, lost that in a HD fire... so i'm not sure I know exactly what you mean. I can hit the [background trim] button and take the disc template and place it elsewhere. If that's what you mean yea the canon software can do this.

On a different note... the weapon tray has also arived... so been testing this to see if there are alignment issues between the trays or between the mp760 and the ip3000. The alignment marks appear to be 5.5mm all around where the same tray on the mp760 is off by 1.5 mm +X.

I can clearly not fault the tray, I can fault the printer.

Things I don't know.

1. Is this normal for MP7x0 printers aligned with US letter paper
2. Is this a normal deviation among different printers.
3. Is 5.5mm the offical placement of the + mark. I'm going by what i'm seeing and I see 5.5mm.

Also, oddly enough the ip3000 didn't suck in the offical tray as easily as the epson tray in the ip3000, but no problem with the mp760. Most odd as i'm one of only a few people who experence this issue.
zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2005, 4:43 AM   #1117

The epson has an option you can use todrag the top, botom,left and right side off

the template seperatlytheres a seperate cursor in each corner.Im not sure what you call it.Does anyone know if you can do this with the canon software.

THANKS...............
paiger651 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2005, 5:04 AM   #1118

The same function is available in Canon Labelprint software also. I am having both printers Epson R200 and Canon Pixma IP5000.
Maxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2005, 5:24 PM   #1119

Anybody know why all Canon Tray on Ebay were gone ? Nobody got the Canon tray for sellanymore ?

Thanks
vocano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2005, 5:33 PM   #1120

Check out:

https://www.epsoncdtray.com/category...g?categoryId=2

One of the same people involved in the Ebay auctions.

$20 for the Canon tray (just the tray) , shipping included (I think).
Muad Dib is offline   Reply With Quote