Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Aug 23, 2005, 10:24 PM   #1141

mickeymammoth wrote:
Quote:
I am having no luck printing on my ip5000 from my Macintosh.

I set the destination correctly as far as I can tell, twice.
I was able to print the alignment X and Y on the DVD in service mode.
I ordered a tray.
I installed the European Mac OSX driver.

But when I try to print, although I can choose the CD Tray B paper size, I can't choose the Disk option in the tray menu: it is grayed out. This is true in any application I try.

Has anyone successfully printed from a Mac?

Ramona
mickeymammoth -

I am on a g4 with a ip5000. The problem you are having is not with the printer or the driver, it is with the label software.

I ran into the same problem you are having. For some reason it would not print for me and was always greyed out. The solution is to use Discus. http://www.magicmouse.com/h_discus_detail.html

You need version 3.0 or higher for the canons.

Works everytime and pefectly aligned.
weapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2005, 9:40 AM   #1142

Does anyone here know how to set up a photoshop template to print to cds with a epson r200?

Also, Im looking for a template/softwareto print to hockey rink style digital business cards.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Greg

greg-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2005, 12:46 PM   #1143

Quote:
The solution is to use Discus. http://www.magicmouse.com/h_discus_detail.html
Thanks, I'll try Discus. I'll let you know if it works!
mickeymammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2005, 1:11 PM   #1144

mickeymammoth wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
The solution is to use Discus. http://www.magicmouse.com/h_discus_detail.html
Thanks, I'll try Discus. I'll let you know if it works!

Wow, this looks like it may be the answer to my problem as well, I'm going to look into it.

Greg

Old Aug 24, 2005, 4:10 PM   #1145

greg-b wrote:
Quote:
Does anyone here know how to set up a photoshop template to print to cds with a epson r200?

Also, Im looking for a template/softwareto print to hockey rink style digital business cards.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Greg
Just open a new file,canvas size 118mm x 118mm 300ppi,draw two circles,the outer to just touch the outside of the canvas,the other to suite the inner of the CD/DVD you are using,do your thing in PS,turn off the layer containing the circles before printing (if you dont want them) save the file as a JPG.Use theIMPORT command to put this into epson CD software. I am going into hospital today for anew Knee,see you all in about a week(all being well)
fperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2005, 5:03 PM   #1146

Quote:
I am having no luck printing on my ip5000 from my Macintosh. When I try to print, although I can choose the CD Tray B paper size, I can't choose the Disk option in the tray menu: it is grayed out.
Duh, I figured it out. It's not the application I'm printing from (although I could never get past the page setup in the Canon CD Label app), it's the paper type!

I know I glanced through the long list of paper types before, but I missed the Printable Disc paper type until now. When I choose that paper type, then voila, the Disk option is available for the Paper Source!

Ramona
mickeymammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2005, 6:38 AM   #1147

I'm very curious about trying to get a canon pixma and tray together and try the cd printing after activating that feature.

I have one question though, is the tray the only part you need to order? On another website I saw three part numbers for the tray, the roller assemby, and the mini-cd jig. Do I need to order a roller assemby as well? Doesn't the mini disc jig come with the tray?

Old Aug 26, 2005, 11:45 AM   #1148

greg-b wrote:
Quote:
I have one question though, is the tray the only part you need to order?* On another website I saw three part numbers for the tray, the roller assemby, and the mini-cd jig. Do I need to order a roller assemby as well?* Doesn't the mini disc jig come with the tray?
It works without the roller assembly, but you may have to push the tray into the printer manually. The roller part pushes the tray against the bottom rollers, so it moves by itself without slipping, and covers the ugly holes you get after removing the blocking piece. Some trays come with the mini disc adapter and some don't.

I'm expecting a shipment of sets of all 3 parts from Europe around September 12, and I will also have some extra roller parts for those who already have the tray. As soon as I have the parts I will post at this forum how to get them.
jonbgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2005, 1:05 PM   #1149

jonbgood wrote:
Quote:
I'm expecting a shipment of sets of all 3 parts from Europe around September 12, and I will also have some extra roller parts for those who already have the tray. As soon as I have the parts I will post at this forum how to get them.

LOL! I hope nobody will be stupid enough to pay $70+ for 4 ounces of plastic. I can attest that the roller assembly is not needed. My tray works perfectly by aligning the arrows. I admit I was stupid enough to buy the roller assembly BUT I tell you it simply is not needed! Mine works the same with or without the rollers. Save your money for something worthwhile.

digiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2005, 2:58 PM   #1150

I bought just a tray, and it works perfectly.* You just have to line it up at the arrows at the right time and hit the resume button.* The roller assembly is not needed.
VTrain is offline   Reply With Quote