Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Sep 6, 2005, 1:36 PM   #1211

Wow. Thanks Zakezuke. Your tips are really enlightening. I tried the tip on depressing that button under the cover's hinge and saw that my tray did not go in straight, but ataminisculeangle; therefore the optical led on the printhead was not able to pickup proper alignment. That's why it ejected my trays.

I'll give you an update on my next "engineering" precise tray in a couple days. Thanksfor your knowledge and generosity in time putting up with us.
baon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2005, 9:49 PM   #1212

This is strange. I purchased a tray from a seller on Ebay last week. I just got a notice saying the auction had been cancelled because of copyright infringement. Our sources may be drying up guys. There's still a guy selling them through his Ebay store but at a much higher price. If you're on the fence, you had better hurry up.
6798413319 - CD DVD printing Tray Canon PIXMA IP3000 IP4000 IP5000

has been removed from eBay for violating eBay policy. Since this listing was removed, you are not required to complete the transaction.

jim5554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2005, 11:42 PM   #1213

jim5554 wrote:
Quote:
This is strange. I purchased a tray from a seller on Ebay last week. I just got a notice saying the auction had been cancelled because of copyright infringement. Our sources may be drying up guys. There's still a guy selling them through his Ebay store but at a much higher price. If you're on the fence, you had better hurry up.
6798413319 - CD DVD printing Tray Canon PIXMA IP3000 IP4000 IP5000

has been removed from eBay for violating eBay policy. Since this listing was removed, you are not required to complete the transaction.

Copyright infringement? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...%3AIT&rd=1
Was this offered by johndoeno0815?

There might be a legit issue with people offering the software. Linking to the software should be ok, after all it's offered by Canon themselves. I noticed that canon has taken down the page in taiwan, but hot links still work the last time I checked. There are 3rd party applications that support direct CD printing. There could be copyright issues regarding photos people borrowed off Canon's website. Did you notice anything like this?

There "could" be legit issues regarding patent rights of Philips but we are talking about a piece of plastic that was bought legaly and used on printers that are clealy designed to accept the tray except for a piece of blocking plastic that can easily be removed. Unless someone is producing counterfit pieces of plastic in which case why bother to copy the canon design.

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2005, 12:02 AM   #1214

The only link on the auction referred people to this thread. That's how I found it. There were no links to Canon or to any software. The only pictures were of the tray.What's even more strange is that the guy ended the auction early. It was a "buy it now" type of auction and I assumed he just ran out of trays. That was three days ago. Ebay sent me the cancellation of auction email today and has totally removed it even though it was over. I can't access it at all and it doesn't show up on the My Ebay page even though the transaction was completed. He's even left positive feedback for me and now I can't return the favor.

By the way, it was camdude59. I checked his feedback before buying and he had quite a bit of positive feedback for these trays.All of the pages linked to those positive feedbacks have also been removed.

Weird eh?
Old Sep 7, 2005, 12:42 AM   #1215

jim5554 wrote:
Quote:
Weird eh?
Without a doubt. Anyhow there is this gent <snip> in London.

<snip>

Note <snip>. Worth checking out if the <snip> are not cracking down on them, assuming they even have a legit cause to <snip>.... which I have a hard time seeing. Patent issue perhaps but not copyright.

On another note, the resources for the canon ip3000/4000/5000/6000 seem to be drying up. Anyone interested in the ip6000, while not one of my favorite is on sale at newegg for $140 shipped not including a $20 rebate. So... looks like this thread might continue with the new series that also offers CD printing, or perhaps a new thread should be started dedicated to these models.

<snip> = Removal of links that violate Steve's Forums Policy by author.
Old Sep 7, 2005, 1:46 AM   #1216

Fry's Electronics in Southern California have the factory refurbished IP5000 for $99.99. I got it on sale last week for $79.99.

I was reluctant to buy it because of my experience with "refurbished" products from Newegg, which aren't really refurbished but just repacked to re-sell.

However, I'm happy to say that the Canon factory refurbishedprinter is like brand new. There are no blemishes, everything is taped up like new. Inside the belts and rollers look like they've never been used.

The best part is the printhead and all the ink cartridges are 100% brand new from Japan.

Sorry for including so many "brand new" adjectives, but I can't distinguish this refurbished unit from the new ones.
baon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2005, 3:38 PM   #1217

I can't see how selling parts for equipment available in the US can be a violation of Ebay policies.

The banned auction must have violated some other Ebay policy.
Muad Dib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2005, 5:30 PM   #1218

Camdude59 posts here (under the name achtepa). Maybe he can tell us why.
Old Sep 8, 2005, 4:12 AM   #1219

Quote:
For my Canon iP4000.
Quote:
I believe the part numbers are as follows:

part number to the CDr tray is QL2-0605-000

and QA4-1117-000 is the CD SUB W/ CDR PRINTING

Are you sure about the tray part number? Mine is part number QC1-4249 and was supplied with my printer.

As for the sub tray, unless you intend printing business card CD's, you don't need it. It is notrequired for 8cm CD/DVD printing at all. It's only purpose is to hold a rectangular business card CD horizontally across the tray and serves no other purpose.
Mender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2005, 5:41 AM   #1220

Mender wrote:
Quote:
all4motocross wrote:
Quote:
I

part number to the CDr tray is QL2-0605-000

and QA4-1117-000 is the CD SUB W/ CDR PRINTING
Are you sure about the tray part number? Mine is part number QC1-4249 and was supplied with my printer.

As for the sub tray, unless you intend printing business card CD's, you don't need it. It is notrequired for 8cm CD/DVD printing at all. It's only purpose is to hold a rectangular business card CD horizontally across the tray and serves no other purpose.
That model number is correct. I agree the tray is etched with a QC1-4249 but the parts catalog clearly lists ql2-0605. Why I have no idea. ql2-0605 might refer to the box number.

Canon part numbers have always been a mystery to me.