Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Sep 8, 2005, 6:32 AM   #1221

Hey Guys,
On the actual box, it has part number QL2-0605-000
and directly below that number is: " CDR Tray Ass'y"
Yes, the "QCI-4249" is on the bottom of the actual tray.
I believe this refers to either a Mold Number or possibly a lot or batch number.
Blake
legalsmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2005, 9:47 AM   #1222

New to the forum... Great Job on getting the bugs worked out.. I'm currently stationed in the UK, because of that we have a US post office on base and can send mail through the USPS at no extra costs... If put in contact with a cheap vender, I could sent these trays back to the US without the expensive international shipping...
foxblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2005, 3:10 PM   #1223

Sure. Con: it costs money and about 30 seconds of your time. Pro: it pushes the tray/CD againts the powered rollers to help suck it in and maybe keep it flat. From most people's experience I'd say it's totally unnecessary, but at the right price would probably make things a tad bit easier. I wouldn't throw more than, say, US$10 at the whole "solution" because the "problem" it solves doesn't seem to be much of a problem at all.

CPingN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2005, 3:39 PM   #1224

coolio wrote:
Quote:
For those willing to pay for the shipping, not sure how mcuh it will be yet, but I can hook people up with the trays and the roller asembly. They will be sent from Australia so it will be a bit more for shipping. Just holla if you are interested. Seems that the source for these thigns r runnin low.
I'm interested. When can you give us a price including shipping to United States? That guy on ebay from London was quoting "fast international airmail" for $8.99 (probably including some handling charges).
darth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2005, 4:53 PM   #1225

Actually, the price is stillmuch better than it was a few weeks back. They were going for $50-60 plus shipping on EBay. I'm going to assume that insanity encouraged a lot of people to get into the act and caused a glut. Prices dropped for a while but now they're starting to go up again. If that dealer in Iowa(?) gets some in and starts selling them at $7 as promised, the price will drop again.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"P.S. Camdude59 contacted me and advised that he put up a certain number of trays at auction but sold some of them outside Ebay.He ran out before the end of the auction and when he did, he ended the auction early. EBay apparently threw a fit and cancelled the entire auction, even though it was over and they had all been paid for. Their email to me was rather cryptic and I interpreted it as a copyright problem. It wasn't.
jim5554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2005, 6:47 PM   #1226

I highly recommend calling Parts Now. I waited less than a week for the tray and less than 2 weeks for the roller assembly. I was surprised when they called and told me the parts were in stock since they originally stated that I may have to wait until October/November.
timmerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2005, 6:50 PM   #1227

Coolio, I sent you a PM.
sam988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2005, 7:23 PM   #1228

I called PartsNow on Tuesday as another route to getting a cdtray. I inquired about the stock of a particular Canon part and was transferred to a male rep. I told him the first four numbers for the CDR tray Assembly: QL2-0605... and he already knew what I was talking about and told me the female caller prior to myself asked about the same part.

The BAD PART. :sad:He told me that the part is listed on their system but was at 0 stock, AND that they were not supposed to sell thatitem and Canon cancelled their shipment. I inquired about future orders and he told me therewas no possibility.

So, there you have it. The only viable options to get the tray are from ebay sellers, or from TedK and Coolio who are presently in countries that have it available and are arranging to obtain some for us.
baon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2005, 7:28 PM   #1229

...or sit down one Saturday morning with a shoe box, some aluminum foil, some tape, a razor and the template and make your own...

CPingN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2005, 8:42 PM   #1230

As people have been doing so far, jsut keep pm'n me..I am working on gettin these orders out next week...its already friday afternoon in Oz
coolio is offline   Reply With Quote