Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Sep 8, 2005, 9:10 PM   #1231

:blah: I have noticed the need for any type of "roller" assembly. I have followed the steps for making my ip3000 and MP780 print on cd/dvd using the Canon tray just fine.

GUESS what everyone? I wonder if it's just as simple to make those hacked steps work on the NEW Pixma2 products, like the IP4200, and on UP. I have noticed that these (working with them), in the store have the same plastic part that blocks the opening that the cd/dvd tray would slide into. I would guess that the steps for modifying it would work just the same, although I do not know for sure.

iSAPS Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2005, 9:57 PM   #1232

I'm back! with a problem

I thought I was all set when I got all the parts that I needed to print disks.

I was wrong. Yes, I can print on disks now, but I just realized that the CD printer settings I had achieved with all the button pushing had eliminated the very important setting: 4x6 borderless.

I don't know what to do to fix this.

Can anyone guide through the solution?

TIA,

GeneL
GeneL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2005, 12:18 AM   #1233

baon wrote:
Quote:
Fry's Electronics in Southern California have the factory refurbished IP5000 for $99.99. I got it on sale last week for $79.99.

I was reluctant to buy it because of my experience with "refurbished" products from Newegg, which aren't really refurbished but just repacked to re-sell.

However, I'm happy to say that the Canon factory refurbishedprinter is like brand new. There are no blemishes, everything is taped up like new. Inside the belts and rollers look like they've never been used.

The best part is the printhead and all the ink cartridges are 100% brand new from Japan.

Sorry for including so many "brand new" adjectives, but I can't distinguish this refurbished unit from the new ones.
:|I have purchased more than one Canon printer marked "refurbished", and it works great! New tape on it and new print head and inks. It's a steal. If you think you may want to, get the extra store's warranty offered from the store you got it at, then you're really covered. Good Deal guys!
Old Sep 9, 2005, 12:46 AM   #1234

Office depot has the IP4000 on clearance 79.00 plus 20.00 mail inrebate.

I already had the IP3000 but couldnt pass up that deal.
paiger651 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2005, 12:56 AM   #1235

Where is this sale? US? I cant find it on the web.

coolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2005, 12:56 AM   #1236

paiger651 wrote:
Quote:

:shock: If you don't do a lot of photo's you'll be okay, but without the photo black, like in the ip4000, you'll be disappointed someone with them. Since the big black in all of the printers is used for text (since it's a text ink cartridge (pigment based), it tends to run out almost last, well, depending on how much you print. also, without having the photo black in the ip3000, when you print black in a photo, you're really getting composite black, which is a blend of cyan, magenta, and yellow. Good luck though.
Old Sep 9, 2005, 1:02 AM   #1237

paiger651 wrote:
Quote:

If you're going to do a lot of photo's you may be disappointed. The three colors will mix together (ip3000), to get black and that doesn't look very good. With the new photo black, it is used just for graphics and photos. In addition, the color now will go down a lot slower.
Old Sep 9, 2005, 1:04 AM   #1238

coolio wrote:
Quote:
Where is this sale? US? I cant find it on the web.

:?Micro Center Has the Ip3000 for $79 and then with the $20 MIR, it's only then $59!!! Now that's a DEAL!! GET ONE!
Old Sep 9, 2005, 1:12 AM   #1239

Ohh i thought they said ip4000 was 79..thats the one i WANT!!!

I am looking to buy an Ip4000, where are the deals at? besides ebay..
coolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2005, 1:50 AM   #1240

Hey Coolio. These printer deals are in the US. I live in Southern California, particularly the Orange County region.

The Office Depot's are in the US, as well as the computer megastores Fry's Electronics.

And I've had no luck with my third selfmade cd tray. I spent hours meticulously measuring, slicing, dicing, and gluing a tray with no success. So I'm glad you're offering the limited trays to us from the other side of the Pacific.
baon is offline   Reply With Quote