Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Sep 9, 2005, 2:44 AM   #1241

Yea I got the last IP4000 at my local office depot store in tennessee $79.99 with a $20.00 dollar mail in rebate so after tax and rebate it comes to around $62.00.I already had the IP3000 with tray and roller assembly.I printed a disc with theI P4000 without the roller assembly to compare itwith and without the rollerassembly I had to give it a nudge to get it started and it didnt fully back it out like my IP3000 but the print it self was just as good.

And concerning the quality of printing photos I have no ideal I never print photos.

paiger651 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2005, 2:59 AM   #1242

Damnnn, i wish they were that cheap in canada...the best deal i have seen so far here is 129..plus taxes..but there r not sales or anythin, just reg price...think i may try and get one off of ebay as i see sum goin for 45-55 US..damn shippin is killer tho..almost as much as the printer itself.
coolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2005, 7:12 AM   #1243

Well, it seems getting the tray and rollers is not as easy/quick asI had hoped. I am able to get the trays,

but QM2-1239-000 - CDR tray base unit (rollers)

cannot be located. Does anyone know of an alternate part # for the rollers? I am sure I have the correct one here. In any case, there is at least a 10 week wait on the trays. I'll order some shortly - but am waiting to try to locate the rollers too. Any suggestoins?

Thanks all!!!
TedK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2005, 7:30 AM   #1244

that is the right part #..its just not easy to get.
coolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2005, 12:35 PM   #1245

baon wrote:
Quote:
And I've had no luck with my third selfmade cd tray. I spent hours meticulously measuring, slicing, dicing, and gluing a tray with no success. So I'm glad you're offering the limited trays to us from the other side of the Pacific.
Damn are you serious?? What template are you using? And are you sure it's the tray, and not the printer or software????

Plus, when you put it in to be recognized, have you tried NOT lining up the arrows? On my MP780, I don't line up the arrows, I put it in until it stop against the back rollers, which is about 1/2"-1" further.

I find it VERY hard to believe that if you've made 3 trays with the CORRECT template, with reflective material in the right 3 spots, and it fits ok.... that the tray is your problem at this point.

--
Hey - scan one of those suckers and send us the pic

CPingN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2005, 1:21 PM   #1246

Hi CpingN

I did line up the tray with the arrows as well as push the tray all the way back towards the rollers. It seems fine when the printer pulls in the tray and does the horizontal scan, but after the vertical scan of the rightmost reflector the printer ejects the tray.

Here's the first tray I made. I confess that I trimmed way too much on the right when I was trying to smooth it out.
Attached Images

baon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2005, 1:28 PM   #1247

Here's the 2nd tray
Attached Images

Old Sep 9, 2005, 1:29 PM   #1248

Here's the 3rd and final tray
Attached Images

Old Sep 9, 2005, 1:31 PM   #1249

And this is the template I used
Attached Images

Old Sep 9, 2005, 1:39 PM   #1250

So i lined your images up with mine in Fireworks, and everything looks close.. I'd say the biggest difference is that your reflective marks are larger than mine by about 25%. (I posted a scan of mine a while back, right after the MP7xx info came out). hmmm

CPingN is offline   Reply With Quote