Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Sep 10, 2005, 7:48 PM   #1261

wmh wrote:
Quote:
I have two cannon printers, an i860 and an i6000D. I would like to know if they can be modified to print cds/dvds and if there are trays to be purchased for these printers. Help!

WMH
Tray purchace with the exception of some people in this thread who annouce from time to time that they have trays for sale is pretty exclusive to e-bay.

ip6000 has been tested by a number of people and that works with tray type b.
http://pixma.cjb.net/
http://pixma-faq.cjb.net/

I know nothing about the i860. There were models in the i-series that "could" if you had the right hardware on the front of the printer but unless your printer came equiped with that feature you are pretty much out of luck, otherwise i'd buy a i960 and adapt it. The pixmas on the other hand have a door on the front of the printer to accept a tray. Also those earlier i-series if you were lucky enough to have one that supported cd printing didn't take "tray type b" from what I can see. You can look for your self at the manual for the i965 if you like
http://alpha03.c-wss.com/inc/ApplSer...A&TRF=MAIN

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2005, 8:04 PM   #1262
wmh

Thank you much for your asistance!
wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2005, 8:23 PM   #1263

Thanks zakezuke!

I popped in the roller assemble less the door, and BINGO! Printed my first CDr no problems.

Glad I didn't rip into the printer to replace the entire mechanism. Never thought to look at the assembly close... Too bad you can't just buy the roller peice.

Thanks again.
TTFN
Tim
BrewMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2005, 4:06 PM   #1264

BrewMeister wrote:
Quote:
Too bad you can't just buy the roller peice.

Thanks again.
TTFN
Tim
Does anyone even read this thread anymore? How about reading the full page that you just posted on? :?

Tim - I have them for sale. Just read the 4 post from the top on page 64!
weapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2005, 5:34 PM   #1265

Does anyone here have an extra ip4000 sitting around from any sales in the US? There r tons on ebay but shipping is crazy high for sum of them. If soemoen has one and its cheap enuff I would make a deal with a tray and roller set, if the price is right.
coolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2005, 5:44 PM   #1266

coolio, where do you live?
Old Sep 11, 2005, 5:48 PM   #1267

Im In toronto ontario area...i dont need fast shippin at all...im cool with usps airmail..
Old Sep 11, 2005, 7:07 PM   #1268

UPDATE: Alrighty everyone, as of now I have run out of rollers and not sure when I can get more but will update. I still can get 4 more trays for those who are interested, and these could be the last of the trays for another month or so, so act fast. those itnerested pm me. If you have already msg'd me in the past you are definitely secured for a tray.

Old Sep 12, 2005, 1:10 AM   #1269

alright guys,

I'm in the market to buy a Pixma iP4000, I've done my research and i've sifted through this thread for a couple hours now. I have three questions, hopefully they are not too redundant.

1. Am I correct in assuming that the absent roller assembly for the US iP4000 is not essential for modifying the printer to print on CDRs/DVDRs? It is only the CD/DVD tray (even a home-made one) that is required.

2. Some people have alluded to a "newer version" of US Pixma printers that perhaps will not allow the modification, is this true?

3. My mother is going to London on vacation, is there any way I can have her get a hold of the UK Canon Pixma parts (tray assembly, subassembly, and rollers) over there?

Thanks a million.
Dan Keezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2005, 1:18 AM   #1270

1 - Rollers are not needed.* 2 - We are still not sure about the new pixma printers. 3 - You might be able to get them if they are in stock.