Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 12, 2005, 9:23 AM   #1271
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 46
Default

coolio wrote:
Quote:
Does anyone here have an extra ip4000 sitting around from any sales in the US?* There r tons on ebay but shipping is crazy high for sum of them.* If soemoen has one and its cheap enuff I would make a deal with a tray and roller set, if the price is right.
Try Craigslist - http://www.craigslist.org/ - to find one local in your area, and pick it up to avoid the shipping cost. I paid only $35 for a brand new iP3000, unopened box. It just had the UPC removed for mail-in rebate.
jonbgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2005, 5:09 PM   #1272
Member
 
digiguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 54
Default









NEW TEMPLATE FOR CARDBOARD TRAY
http://cdtray.cjb.net









digiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2005, 7:48 PM   #1273
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 41
Default

Hey Jonbgood...thanks for the link..seems like it might be a mission to find the printer..but that is jsut at first glance..

thanks


coolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2005, 7:53 PM   #1274
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 5
Default

Does anyone know of any UK suppliers for the Canon tray and rollers that will ship within the UK? Phone numbers anyone? thanks.
Dan Keezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2005, 9:08 PM   #1275
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 46
Default

Dan Keezer wrote:
Quote:
Does anyone know of any UK suppliers for the Canon tray and rollers that will ship within the UK? Phone numbers anyone? thanks.
Canon UK lists several sources for spare parts at:
http://www.canon.co.uk/where_to_buy/...bles/index.asp
jonbgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2005, 12:03 AM   #1276
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 11
Default

Thanks to everyone that contributed to this project. I just bought an ip3000 but wasn't aware it could print cd's until I saw it mentioned in a review. I haven't done the mod yet, but I seem to be having a problem printing the template. How do I get it to print at the right size? The WinXP print utility seems to want to make it fill the whole page. How can I tell what size it's supposed to be?
Steve2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2005, 12:54 AM   #1277
Member
 
digiguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 54
Default

Steve2005 wrote:
Quote:
Thanks to everyone that contributed to this project. I just bought an ip3000 but wasn't aware it could print cd's until I saw it mentioned in a review. I haven't done the mod yet, but I seem to be having a problem printing the template. How do I get it to print at the right size? The WinXP print utility seems to want to make it fill the whole page. How can I tell what size it's supposed to be?
Did you get the newest version from http://cdtray.cjb.net?

You need to open the file in an image viewing program such as Ulead Instant Viewer or Paint Shop Pro. Just about any program besides an internet browser will allow for proper printing.

The printed size is 5.16 x 9.41 inches or 131 x 239 mm.
digiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2005, 1:09 AM   #1278
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 11
Default

Yep that's the one I got, thanks. It printed fine in Photoshop LE, I had tried Canon's Easyphoto Print but that and the Windows utility both seem to want to resize everything to standard photo sizes. Thanks for your help!


Steve2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2005, 1:15 AM   #1279
Senior Member
 
KnightCrawler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 305
Default

digiguy wrote:
Quote:
Steve2005 wrote:
Quote:
Thanks to everyone that contributed to this project. I just bought an ip3000 but wasn't aware it could print cd's until I saw it mentioned in a review. I haven't done the mod yet, but I seem to be having a problem printing the template. How do I get it to print at the right size? The WinXP print utility seems to want to make it fill the whole page. How can I tell what size it's supposed to be?
Did you get the newest version from http://cdtray.cjb.net?

You need to open the file in an image viewing program such as Ulead Instant Viewer or Paint Shop Pro. Just about any program besides an internet browser will allow for proper printing.

The printed size is 5.16 x 9.41 inches or 131 x 239 mm.

It works in XnView as well, it's a freeware image viewer.
KnightCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2005, 1:47 AM   #1280
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 16
Default

Hi Digiguy. I tried the new template and it didn't work. I then put it over the old template and saw that the reflector hole on the left side wasmoved 1mm to the right with respect to the two reflectors on the right side staying the same.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"How does the new template overlay with the real tray?
baon is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 9:01 PM.