Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Sep 23, 2005, 10:30 AM   #1321

I made the cardboard tray using a ceral box and aluminum foil with the latest template. With my ip3000 I have to push the tray in when it starts the print process. It takes it in, moves it around a bit, then ejects it. I tried using a black sharpie around the reflector squares, but it made no difference. What could be wrong?
Thanks
winifreid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2005, 12:33 PM   #1322

Well, I got it to work, but I used thicker cardboard and still had to push it in. I am wondering if it is possible o get a program like Nero label to work with this setup. If so, how?
Thanks
Old Sep 23, 2005, 12:46 PM   #1323

stnkline wrote:
Quote:
I am in the market for a iP4200. Have you thought of refilling tanks?

Thanks

Stan
style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #666666"http://forums.anandtech.com/messagev...readid=1672864

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #666666"interesting to note that there is a new chip on the cartridges and we do not know if they are to lockout refilling ....... keep your eyes open! Maybe cheaper at this point to stick with the IP4000.
gamedude88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2005, 12:51 PM   #1324

I posted the info below back on page 56 I think, but will repost it for you here now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Besides the CD Label Print from Canon, I'm using

[font="verdana, helvetica, arial, ms sans serif"][size="2"]Acoustica CD/DVD Label Maker 2.41
Since version 2.39, Canon Direct to CD printing is supported.

For more info, See Here:

winifreid wrote:
Quote:
Well, I got it to work, but I used thicker cardboard and still had to push it in. I am wondering if it is possible o get a program like Nero label to work with this setup. If so, how?
Thanks
gwheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2005, 12:54 PM   #1325

winifreid wrote:
Quote:
Thanks
Yes, you can get Nero to work with the Canon printer but it's going to take a lot of work to set it up. It's easier to use Canon's program, Acoustica's label maker, Discus or Surething Label maker (you have to download a template for it). I 've found Acoustica's program is the easiest( to usebut your mileage may vary.
jim5554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2005, 1:05 PM   #1326

I wanted to use Nero because it creates an audio track list when I burn CDs. How would I set it up?
I used two layers of cardboard from the box that my buisness card stock came in. I suspect it would have been better to use a ceral box as the base and the card stock box as the CD holder since two layers of the card stock box is hard to push into the slot. I tried two layers of a ceral box, but it did not work, but this could have been because of the reflectors. The two layers equals the thickness to two disks.
Old Sep 23, 2005, 1:19 PM   #1327

Just a quick update. First, the US 4200 has an integral set of rollers, so you don't need to purchase any. If you put a tray lined up on the marks, it will draw it in without nudging. That's the good news. The bad news is it uses a type "C" tray, and the iP4000 etc. use a type "B". I don't know if they're compatible. I tried making a cardboard tray using the type "B" template, but it keeps getting rejected. I've got a real "B" tray on the way, and I'll post the results.

If anyone across the big pond (either of them) gets a hold of a non-US iP4200, please post a picture of the tray (measurements would be nice as well).
Dave S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2005, 1:27 PM   #1328

winifreid wrote:
Quote:
I wanted to use Nero because it creates an audio track list when I burn CDs. How would I set it up?
I used two layers of cardboard from the box that my buisness card stock came in. I suspect it would have been better to use a ceral box as the base and the card stock box as the CD holder since two layers of the card stock box is hard to push into the slot. I tried two layers of a ceral box, but it did not work, but this could have been because of the reflectors. The two layers equals the thickness to two disks.
To use Nero Cover Designer 6 with the Pixma;

1) Open Cover Designer
2) Select Standard, click OK
3) Go to file and set up your printer to print to a printable disk. This should automatically set it up to use the print tray.
4) Click on the "disk 1" tab at the bottom.
5) From the drop down menu change "normal paper" to "Canon Pixma IP3000"
6 Design and print your disk

I guess it's not that difficult, I take it back. I'm not sure if it will print all the way to the center of the disk, I haven't tried.
jim5554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2005, 2:07 PM   #1329

I could do everything except step five. I do have have canon ip300 listed in the drop down. Is there a way I can add it?
Thanks alot.

Old Sep 23, 2005, 2:12 PM   #1330

I know how to add paper stock, but I don't know the dimensions that I need to add in the settings boxes. Thanks