Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Sep 24, 2005, 5:25 PM   #1341

winifreid wrote:
Quote:
Jim, Could you try looking at the info for that paper stock and post here? I have Nero 6... but I haven't installed because I am so used to 5.5 and, until now, it did everything I wanted.
Thanks
I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand your request. What is it you want me to post here? You asked if Nero Cover Designer would work with the Pixma. The answer is yes. I don't know how to do it in Nero V5.5, that's not what I use, I use V6.6. All I can tell you is that Nero V6.6 specifically supports the Canon Pixma printer. If you need answers to specific questions for V5.5, I suggest you try the Nero website: http://www.ahead.de They have free updates and detailed instructions for their products there. You can even download a trial version of V6.6 and try it for 30 days to see if it's what you need. If you need a longer trial period, PM me. There is a way to extend it. (Do it fast, they're on the verge of releasing V7 and it's a GIGANTIC file.)
jim5554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2005, 5:56 PM   #1342

Thank-you Zakezuke .....................

I down loaded all but the "Product Service Details" ... when I was on that site before ... presumed to much!

On your advice I went back to the link and Downloaded that file and there it all was ... perfect .....

Thanks ..again

For all those with ip5000's these ip4000 manuals will do the trick

rocor98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2005, 6:17 PM   #1343

The IP4000 manuals are good for the printer mechanism on the MP780 also. It's the same engine, different body.
jim5554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2005, 6:36 PM   #1344

I went to that "manual" site http://www.eserviceinfo.com/equipment_mfg/Canon_22.htmland downloaded the service manual for my iP6000D. However, when I opened the RAR and then opened the PDF inside it, it asked me to insert "disk 2."

There is only one file for the iP6000D on that site.

Anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks.

raaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2005, 6:46 PM   #1345

http://www.eserviceinfo.com/download.php?fileid=14866

You need part 2

Or just download the entire manual here: http://knightcrawler.filefront.com/
KnightCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2005, 7:59 PM   #1346

winifreid,
The ability to select the PIXMA printer seems to be an addition to the latest version of Nero 6. I just downloaded and installed the latest version (6.6.0.16) and got the selection when I opened Cover Designer and selected TAB Disk 1. May give it a try with a disk. Have been using Corel Draw with a template I made that works very well.

Steve W.
on30trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2005, 10:53 AM   #1347

I looked in the service manual and it says press Resume 7 times, Green light, to print a calibration image, but this doesn't work. Their counting is out of whack.It should be8 times, not 7.You can't get a green light by pressing Resume 7 times. 5 times shows an orange light, and so does 7. Similarly you can't get orange by pressing 8 times or green by pressing 9 times. So in fact they mean 8, 9 and 10 times when they say 7, 8 and 9.

I'm glad they give the light colors because I have been trying to get a calibration print using the online instructions that say press Resume 7 times. To no avail. Then I got the service manual and saw the information on what color light should be on and now I can print a calibration image by pressing Resume 8 times. This forum also has the light colors right, but the number of presses wrong.
kayen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2005, 1:47 PM   #1348

I am still waiting for:

*Brewmeister

*wmh

weapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2005, 7:29 PM   #1349
Administrator

For Sale Posts are Not Allowed.

If you run your mouse cursor over the "Discussion Forums" menu choice on the main page at http://www.steves-digicams.com, you'll see this rule:

Quote:

Public Discussion Forums

You'll find a multitude of friendly folks here to help you. We have forums for every popular camera maker, general Q&A forums and forums where you can post your favorite photos.

We only ask that you do not post any wanted, for sale or commercial type advertisements.
These rules were also in the confirmation e-mail new members receive when joining the forums.

I'm going to start removing the for sale posts now (including links to ebay listings I see from members selling rollers and trays). It will take me a while (given everything else going on) to get this finished.

I can appreciate the effort many of you have put into this issue. But, it's not fair to forum members we've enforced this rule with to allow the for sale posts to stay.

It's far too hard to police, since we'd have scammers posting, commercial entities posing as individuals, etc.

I do not believe that is what has been happening here in this thread. However, we do not allow these types of for saleposts in the forums. Period.

This thread is now closed.

Jim C.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2005, 8:33 PM   #1350
Administrator

This thread is now open again. All for sale posts have not yet been deleted. I will expect those that made them to edit their posts and remove references to items they have for sale.

The following note is also in the first post in this thread.

Quote:
Moderator Note:
Quote:
It has come to my attention that this forum is being used to sell printer parts (for example, CD trays and rollers for Canon Pixma Printers).

If you run your mouse cursor over the "Discussion Forums" menu choice on the main page at http://www.steves-digicams.com, you'll see some rules:

Quote:

Public Discussion Forums

You'll find a multitude of friendly folks here to help you. We have forums for every popular camera maker, general Q&A forums and forums where you can post your favorite photos.

We only ask that you do not post any wanted, for sale or commercial type advertisements.
These rulesare also in the confirmation e-mail new members receive when joining the forums.

I can appreciate the effort many of you have put into the issues regarding printers. But, it's not fair to forum members we've enforced this rule with to allow the for sale posts to stay.

It's far too hard to police "for sale" typeposts (since we'd have scammers posting, commercial entities posing as individuals, etc.) So, we don't allow any Wanted or For Sale type posts here.

This thread was temporarily closed when the for sale posts came to our attention.

I am going to reopenthis thread (at least for now).

But, I'll expect those of you that made for sale posts to edit your posts and remove the references to items placed in this thread for sale. The same thing applies to posts in other forum threads.

I'll also expect that no commercial business will be conducted via Private Messages. If I do not see progress in the editing of existing for sale posts (including links to member's Ebay listings), then I'll shut down the thread and take moreappropriate action.

If you see someone else doing this again, please let them know it's against the rules and notify a moderator.

The forums here are not to be used to conduct business. That includes Wanted, For Sale, and Commercial Type Posts.

Anyone that is trying to"bend" these rules in any manner (for example, subtle hints like "send me a PM and I know someone that can get... ", in order to sell items via this site will not be tolerated.

Jim C.
Quote:
End of Moderator Note
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote